Part 9

Nathan:
Nurse- I'm sorry....

Both Jay and I had tears streaming down out cheeks.

Nurse- But you're going to have to put up with her for a while longer.

Jay- She's fine?!

Nurse- She's awake and wanted me to tell you the way I did.

Nathan- She always did have an awful sense of humour.

Jay- Can we go see her?

Nurse- Of course.

We headed to the room to find Becca lay on the bed, her face in a terrible way. As soon as we were in the room Jay was by her side.

Jay- Hey baby.

Becca- How do I look?

Nathan- Beautiful....

Both Becca and Jay looked at me, I had obviously said that out loud.

Nathan- Is what Jay would have said if I hadn't....

Jay- Yeah.

I smiled before kissing Becca on the cheek and sitting on the chair.

Becca- How are you?

Jay- Broken leg, a few cuts. I'll be fine though.

Becca- How about you Nathan?

Nathan- I have cuts and bruises but don't worry about me.

Becca nodded before turning to look at Jay who was looking at Becca with adoring eyes. I got my phone out and text Becca's mum telling her Becca was fine and awake.

Jay- Becca?

Becca- Yeah?

Jay- This was all my fault.

Becca- What was?

Jay- I heard you and Nathan talking about the kiss... I slammed on the breaks in shock. I never meant to.

Becca placed her hand on his cheek, before he placed his hand over hers.

Becca- Don't worry about it okay. I'm going to be fine.

Morning

Becca:
I woke up my body aching all over. I tried not to wince as I moved.

Nathan- Want the nurse?

I nodded, the best thing about being Nathan's best friend he could always tell when I wanted something. Nathan got up and left the room, I couldn't help but smile. I was lucky to have him in my life, him and Jay if I'm honest. Yes Jay had caused us to all end up in hospital but it wasn't on purpose.

Nathan soon returned with a nurse behind him, she handed me the pain relief before making sure I took it then leaving the room.

Nathan- How you feeling?

Becca- Okay I guess, you?

Nathan- I'm good, just glad you're okay. Don't know what I'd do if you were more hurt than you already are.

Becca- You'd think of something.

Nathan chuckled, knowing I was right, he hugged me gently before sitting on the bed.

Nathan- All the photo's are fine as well as all your stuff, the police sorted it all out and they've been taken to the house.

Becca- That's good, I can't wait to get home, this bed is so uncomfortable.