Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kiona's POV:

I knew they would come. I hoped for them not to, but it was undoubted. I knew the rage Katherine and Sepherus were feeling was justified and most important their desperation to find their daughter.

For the past days, I haven't been able to sleep, I rarely ate, reminiscing on what I did, the memories of my actions hunted me constantly. It is unforgivable. Betraying Katherine for my selfish needs was my biggest mistake and I had paid the price of it. Now, I could only help them get their daughter back.

I had known they had arrived in the magical world when they killed all the magical creatures of the frontline village. But it wasn't only me. Otoniel and Damon did as well and they sent their minions to do their dirty work. They wanted Katherine and Sepherus here. They wanted them to see their baby die. But, I wouldn't allow that.

I clocked them the second they arrived inside the magical world. I kept a close eye on them but I wouldn't dare do anything to stop them. I feared the moment I had to speak with Katherine. I was ashamed of myself.

I had betrayed my closest friend.

The night I had fled with Otoniel and Damon, I cried myself to sleep. I couldn't do anything, I wanted what they had promised me. I held Katherine's daughter in my hands and saw that she was a beautiful baby, greenish eyes, she looked a lot like Katherine, not only physically but also in power. She was also an original hybrid. And someday she would be the hybrid heiress. I couldn't do her evil, but I also couldn't escape with her. Otoniel had me tied up with his promises and when I did gave her to him, everything he promised was a lie.

I guess karma came back at me.

I sat down tied to a chair, in front of Cornelia, David, two soldiers, Sepherus and Katherine. I took a deep breath and started speaking.

"Alright. I'll start from the beginning. After my father's death, I felt as if I had lost everything. He was my all. So, when searching for Katherine when she was kidnapped by Otoniel and Damon, I came across Otoniel. He offered me a deal. He would give me the only pearl in existence that I would need to bring my father back to life in exchange for giving your daughter to him and killing you both. Now, that I see it, I was foolish to fall into his trap. " I said looking at Katherine's enraged eyes.

She turned her gaze away from me and closed her hands, she walked towards a desk and hit the top of it, breaking it in two pieces. Sepherus quickly came to her side and rubbed her arms.

"What happened next?" Katherine said in a voice that showed no emotion but deep inside I knew she was devastated. " Right after you gave birth, we transported to another place underneath this magical world. It's connected to the entire water system of the earth. Otoniel wanted to have the baby but I didn't give her to him. I couldn't give myself to do that. So, I told him I wanted my pearl first. And so, a day later, he gave it to me. I replied telling him that until my father didn't come back to life, the baby would be put to sleep in a cage like spell, it was the only way I would have a type of guaranty. She's still alive. " I replied.

Katherine immediately came rushing to me and grab me by the shirt. " Tell me where she is now! " She screamed. Her desperation was being more evident by every second that past. " Let me finish. " I said as I looked at her hands. She let go of my shirt.

" I did the spell...but...my father is not the same as before. He's alive in a dead body. He can't move, he can't talk. He can't do anything. The spell didn't work at all, just woke up his soul but not his body. Ever since the spell I casted on my father, Otoniel removed your daughter from the spell with the help of his newly acquired minions. I haven't been able to do anything because his minions are very dangerous, the best of our assassins. Even though Otoniel wanted this to happen days ago he hadn't been able to do anything to the baby because she was very small and that is the reason why he has been taking care of her for the past days, feeding her vampire side with drops of blood. But today is the day where he can finally do what he has planned all along. "