Chapter Nine Part 1

Katherine's POV:

I couldn't believe it! Everything had been a lie! This war had been a lie. It was all an attempt of Otoniel to kill his "creation". We have been the victims of an ambition gone out of proportions. But we have the rights to live. We have a right to have freedom.

Otoniel was going to pay for everything he had done and every human who has supported him into making us slaves, living in a caged world. I have had enough.

Cornelia compelled everyone into thinking that we were fighting for freedom instead of being hunted and that is what I'm going to give my people. Freedom. I will enslave and torture every single human being. They will pay. They will pay with the same suffering they gave my grandparents and my mother.

Everything has been Otoniel's' fault.

No human will ever be superior to us. Never. I will make sure of that.

Sepherus, David, Kiona and I arrived at the battlefield a few yards away from the wall. Once I got there I slowly started transforming into my final state in my power. It felt good. My sword Demon of chaos was shaking with power wanting to be let out. My black coat reached the floor, a perfect armor from any attacks to my stomach area.

"What's the situation captain?" I asked the first captain I saw. "My queen, they were able to destroy the barrier somehow and they blew up a good part of the wall all the way to the top. Human soldiers are entering with weapons bathe in Satra and Kraken. A few meters behind are sets of humanoid machines. "

"Those are the first ones we need to take care. Bring the armor wolves. Let them take care of them. Destroy those machines. As for the soldiers don't engage in contact with them, use benders to take them out. Order the medicine squads to be ready for anything. The rest of the soldiers will back up the benders and make those infiltrators leave our land."

"How did they enter the barrier?" I asked myself. "I know why..."Kiona said. I mention her to continue talking. "Remember the warlock who worked with Lucien? I wasn't able to kill him... he was the love of my life. I couldn't. So I lied. That is how they brought Cornelia back. But this time I promise you, Katherine, I will do my job correctly.He has become darkness himself." Kiona said.

"I trust in you. I know you will." I said grabbing her hand. "Let's go. We going to the first line." I said. David, Sepherus and I headed towards the battle line.

We started taking humans out, but it was hard, they just kept entering and firing at us needles that were filled with poison. "Burn those damned guns!" I order a group of firebenders that were close to us.

Once those guns were burnt, almost immediately the machines started entering our land. "Wolves! Attack!!" I screamed and out came hundreds of wolves covered in gorgeous green metal.

For a moment I had to admire their beauty. Sepherus David and I started helping them out.

I fire bent a lightning strike into one of the humanoid robots that were about 3 meters in height and it started burning, the human that was inside came out, and fell on the floor, completely black from the strike.

But I didn't care about that. I was focused on the two people that were in the background.

There she was. She looked different. More imperial. She looked healthier. Cornelia's eyes where not blood and black anymore they resemble the blue eye color of my mother. And behind her stood Otoniel dressed in a military outfit from head to toe. He had a staff with a red ruby on it. He moved the staff forward and Cornelia started running towards me.

I guess it was the object that connected them together.

I was preparing myself for the impact but before my grandmother could get close to me, David kicked her in her right side and she hit a nearby tree from the impact.

She quickly got up and I couldn't pass the look on her face. "David..." She whisper. "Cornelia...no time no see." He smiled.

"David... I thought you were dead..." She said. The look on her face was pure love and joy.

"Katherina knows everything...I told her the truth. And we will help you get free from that bastard's control. He will pay!" He screamed.

Cornelia nodded. "Do it. Please." She said. David and I flash step closer to her but she started earthbending some rocks that were later thrown towards us. "He's controlling my body and power! Just kill me dang it!" Cornelia screamed. "No!" David and I screamed at the same time. "Then break the staff!"

"I will create a wall so that Otoniel can't see us and then you grab her, earth bend some rock around her and pull her to the ground. I'll give her some of my blood and break the spell. She will be very weak so I will grab her and take to a safe place and come back." David instructed. "I understand.What about the staff?"

"Order some benders to break it." I nodded. And search for Sepherus. He was fighting a few meters away from me. I Airbender and threw the soldier away from Sepherus.

"Sepherus! Break the staff!" I mouthed to him. He understood me and made a run for it toward the staff.

But it was easier said than done. Otoniel was keeping us at a distance making Cornelia fire, air and earth bend. I created a wall where he was, made a hole in the ground in which Sepherus was able to jump and go underground.

When Cornelia was able to break from his visual contact and she made her way to David who quickly grabbed her and gave her a hug and a kiss on the lips.

I quickly made the rock prison that David had told me. Cornelia had a painful look on her face. She was fighting Otoniel's orders. I knew it.

"I promise you, this time I won't let you down. Here drink this." He said as he bite his wrist. She nodded and it was in that moment I saw the fragility of my grandmother, all the years of pain and torture and the years of being trapped in a spell. When she finished drinking David grabbed her neck. "I release you." He whispered and broke her neck.

At the same time, Sepherus came from underground and grabs the staff. Otoniel hit the ground like the fragile human he was and Sepherus broke it

At the same moment, Otoniel was able to crack the wall with the warlock that appeared. He looked at us wide-eyed and saw the staff break into tiny pieces. "You bastards!!!" He screamed. "Kill them all! Kill them all!" He started ordering.

At that moment a warlock came out, long hair, black eyes, not that tall. "Kill them, Rafael!" Otoniel screamed. "Yes, master."

More humans came and that warlock started using a spell that made the humans even stronger. "Where is Kiona!?" I screamed. "I'm here. I'll take care of him. "

"Yes, you will."

----

Hey guys! A new update is up! Yoohoo! QWhat do you guys think? 

If you liked it please don't forget to vote! 

Be ready for the next chapter! They will be the bomb! 

XOXO

Lisa