Chapter Five Part 2

Katherine's POV:

"My lady maybe she went on. Since she's not a vampire or werewolf the flowers don't affect her. "One of the earth bender said. "Yeah, he's right. Katherine, we should look for a way to get inside." Sepherus added.

I looked forward, the main military base a couple of miles away. "If we are able to waterbend the water and poison out of the flowers we could be able to make a path." "Yes, sounds like a good idea, let's take advantage of the night."

I and two waterbenders began to make the dead flower path, the squeezing of flowers and our boots the only sound.

Sepherus and the other benders follow suit keeping watch of anything along the way.

Within an hour of water bent the way out of the hell bank of flowers, we finally made it to one of the gates of the military base. We climbed a wire wall and we were in.

"We must fit in, Katherina, give me a sec." Sepherus enter a small room, I heard a few punches and kicks here and there and then we saw Sepherus hand mentioning us to go inside.

We changed uniform with the unlucky soldiers who Sepherus had beaten up. We now looked like military human soldiers.

"Man, I feel weird." One of the fire bended said. "We look the same but with military uniform Dummy." She fired back. I smiled. Although humans and vampires were so different we still had similar facial and body types.

I hide my hair in a cap I found and we headed out. "Be very attentive, look closer to the floor, Kiona is not that tall." Sepherus ordered.

Before we were able to take a step forward, we were face to face with a man, white hair, wrinkle around his eyes. Hide your face, Katherine. This man is pure evil! Hide it! Saphira told me. I looked down to try and cover my face.

"Soldiers, good evening. Report to your stations! Experiment V1 is to be conducted, don't want anyone out of their stations. For your own safety." He ordered. He had power in his voice. I peeked a little bit from the cap I had.

"Yes, sir!" We all said. He didn't recognize us. He then left. We all blew the breath we were holding. "Experiment V1?"Sepherus question. "We have to look for it. Come let's go the opposite direction." I said. We started speed walking.

"I want to try something." One of the earth benders said. "What?" I asked. "My Queen maybe if we can compel at least one of these soldiers, we can find V1, or whatever they have. We can even find Lady Kiona." Sepherus nodded.

I have never compel a person. This is going to be weird. Can normal vampires compel as well? "Can't you compel them?" I asked. "Katherina, only purebloods can compel, and that is only vampires. We can compel humans if they don't have Satra in their blood."

"Alright I'll give it a chance." there was a young man coming our way, he saluted us and I took the chance. "Soldier, tell me, do you know what V1 is?" "Soldier, you should know about that." he glared. "Just making sure you knew, very well. Keep on." I kept walking forward in total defeat. "It didn't work. " I whisper just low enough for Sepherus and the others to hear.

"Try again." I heard Sepherus say. "Why don't you try?" I glare. "Fine, fine." He replied. He got close to a blonde woman coming our way. "Hey, do you know what V1 is?" he looked at her straight in the eye. "Yes. Of course." She answered.

I gaped at him. How could he do it?! Man, I felt worse. "take me there." Sepherus order. The woman saluted and started walking further the military base. We finally enter the building, stairs going down and down. My guess was ten stories down. An Underground base. "Tells us about V1."Sepherus kept questioning the girl. "Sir, I don't know. They haven't told us what is inside." She answered.

Luckily for us, nobody was around, absolutely no one, although It was making me feel suspicious, very suspicious. I felt weird, my heart beating faster by the second, my palms were starting to feel sweating. I was feeling as if I was going to meet something or someone important. 

A few minutes later we enter a colder place. I could see the air coming out of my nose. "Inside sir is the V1." "Alright, forget everything happened and return to your post." Sepherus said as he looked at the girls in the eyes. She nodded and started walking out.

"Alright, let's see what's inside." he looked at me and I nodded. The door was shut close. "Let me open it." I started metal bending the door and made a hole just big enough for Sepherus and me. "Stay here and keep guard warriors." I order the benders. "yes my Queen." They all said in unison.

We enter the room and inside was another room but before we could open the door, it open by itself and a crazy red-haired elf came out running.

"let's go now!!! Come on!! Don't enter in that damned room! "She grabbed my hand Sepherus out and dragged us out before we heard the most monstrous roar in the existence.

The walls tremble, then an alarm went off and black thick smoke came out of the door that Kiona had just come out. "Kiona what did you do?!" I asked as we started running up the stairs.

"Nothing! I swear! I just...I just...oh man! I woke it up!! We have to run. It will destroy us all if we don't get out of here and into the sunlight!" She screamed.

"What do you mean!?" I asked. I looked at Sepherus and the warriors running behind me. "it's back? Here?" Sepherus asked Kiona. "yes! I couldn't believe it! We have to leave A.S.A.P!" The warriors closed the doors that were in our way, But we could hear them smashing against the wall.

"What are you talking about?!" I screamed to Kiona. "There's no time to explain!" She screamed back. We were almost to the last door in which we came first.

"It's her... Cornelia un Voldi...Progenitor, creator of the vampires and...destructor of the vampire race." With that we were out of the military base, the sun was already rising on the horizon.

We started running toward the black path we had made in our way but within seconds in front of us a skeleton that slowly started morphing into a woman, the grass around her turning black and dead.

She opened her eyes, red like pure blood. Dangerous, deadly, sad... A white diamond crown around her head.

"You." She said. Her voice so powerful My almost fell on my knees. "You're the queen now?" She snickered. "How pathetic. "

With that, she speeds towards me and the next thing I knew I was protecting myself from her fierce blows.