Chapter Five Part 1

Katherine's POV:

I'm late, Oh my goodness, I'm late to the meeting.

Dang, it! Kiona is going to kill me! I was running out of my bedroom toward the meeting room. I was 45 minutes late and all because I got distracted reading the first few chapter of a book Sepherus gave me; An ember in the ashes. I was loving it so far.

I rushed my way to the meeting room and before entering, I adjusted the bun one of the maids had braided my hair into.

"Good morning ladies and gentleman, sorry for the tardiness."

25 people were sitting around the rounded table, only one seat was not occupied, mine. Sepherus had gotten here before me since I got distracted I totally forgot.

Once I sat down I looked towards Kiona that was glaring at me and I mouthed a sorry to her.

"Alright now that Queen Katherina is here, we can begin with the meeting," Sepherus announced.

One bald and short man stood up. "My Queen, there are several things to address in this meeting, the first one would be the constant fail attempts of the humans to climb the wall. Although there is a barrier spell, they have tried at least 5 times and once a woman got to the top of the wall but an earthbender kicked her back to her side. She didn't survive the fall."

"My queen, we should prepare an attack to take advantage that we can enter the human part of the world without any problem. The humans seem focused on climbing the wall. " A tall man said.

"I disagree my queen. We are still training soldiers and the amounts of soldiers don't grow, we have to at least wait 15 years for the new babies that will be born in a couple of months grow up and serve in the army and also, yesterday the vampires that were humans desiccated." Kiona said.

"What?! Why?" I stood up looking her way. "My guess is that in order for a vampire to withstand the pill they have to be at least in the strength mark category, if not, they will die after a couple of hours."

"Dang it. What should we do then?" I asked. "What if we scratch the vampires turning and work with what we got? The trainees have been working really hard and in a matter of months they already have gained a good amount of control of their elemental powers, you have seen them when you go train with them and the teachers." Sepherus said.

Yes...but it is still an inexperienced army...

"Well, I think we have no other options. Can we do this?" I looked to Kiona.

"Although we don't grow in number, we grow in quality. With werewolves and vampires together, we can have groups balanced out...and we can't forget about the machinery made by the werewolves craft men." Kiona said.

"Alright, then. The first thing we will do is this: King Sepherus, Kiona and I will go in the part of the human world, check out the surrounding and plan a strategy and we will come back and order the final attack. We can't waste more time, they have attacked us once, and kill a lot of our people. And most important, they must pay for the death of my mother."

All the generals and captains yelled a yes with their hands up.

****

It was late in the night when we pass the wall. It was a small group that was made of Sepherus, Kiona, and four benders, each a different element. We were all wearing black coats to hide between the shadows.

"Come quick, we must run further in." I pull Kiona on my back. "just like old days, I'm always on top." Kiona joked. "You can go by foot you know." She hugged my back but not before trying to strangle me.