Chapter Twenty-Two

Katherine's POV:

I had lost count of how many times had I lived the same nightmare, over and over again. One minute I had my newborn daughter in my arms and then she was gone, lost in a white light. Kiona mocking me, Damon with a smirk I would love to punch out of his face, Otoniel laughing at me.

My spirit saw everything that was going on. How I gave birth, How I lost my baby girl and I couldn't do anything to stop it, How I was betrayed, how I had lost my reasoning and hope to keep going. And how Sepherus hadn't done anything.

The scenarios changed from the Esmeralda cave to the cabin where Damon kept me but then, I was in a different place. I was now wearing a long white dress but I didn't have shoes. I was walking barefoot in a dark tunnel when I saw myself in the Royal castle.

I was on my bed looking out the window. The sky was red, no clouds at sight, my people were burning on the ground, it was the apocalypses. Boulders on fire came one after another destroying the land before me. I started running away from the royal palace but as soon as I stepped the royal guard fence, the scenario changed to a river. I started running and climbing the rocks close to it, but after a few failed attempts I slipped into the cold water.

The current was so strong, it was difficult for me to keep my head over the waters. It pushed me further into the waters. I was desperately trying to find the surface when I saw from the depth of the river a man swimming my way, his eyes where red, blood surrounded him, his hair white. His hands were like wolf claws, his fangs were so big they grew out of his mouth.

My entire body reacted violently against him, I started feeling my heart pump a thousand times faster, my desperation grew and I screamed letting all the water enter my mouth. I started choking, my lungs started to burn but I tried to swim the opposite way. My dress, so long I couldn't comprehend why I had such a long thing on, was tangling in the rocks, it made my lame excuse of an escape so much harder.

Everything was going wrong. Nothing was helping me. Finally, I was able to find the surface and breathe the most satisfying gulp of air but I was soon underwater again a hand had grasped my left leg and started dragging me down... It was that man, or should I say monster.

I tried to water bend but I couldn't. I tried to earth bend, but nothing moved. I tried kicking the man off but the waters felt heavier and colder. His grip was so tight I didn't know what hurt more, his grip or my burning lungs.

Just when I started to lose consciousness, I started hearing voices. They sounded very familiar.

"Katherina, I'll make it up for you..." One voice whispered. It wasn't scaring me, it was helping me. "Please, love, wake up. We'll get our daughter back, I promise you." Another voice said.

"Katherina! Wake up!" Said another voice. This is was different. This voice was laced with power. I immediately opened my eyes and saw the man in front of me. He started speaking. "I took everything from you. I took your powers, I took your hope, I took your daughter and soon I will take your kingdom!" He launched at me with his claws but before he could get to me, this huge wolf appeared before me and kicked him to a side making him disappeared.

This animal was so...perfect, so majestic. It was a black wolf, with electric blue eyes. Its fur looks so soft and shiny, I had to restrain myself from going towards it to pet it or give it a bone cookie.

Now, it was just the animal and I, under the water. But I wasn't struggling anymore, I was feeling okay, this immense peace roamed thought my entire body.

"Katherina, it's me Saphira." The wolf said. "Saphira?" I asked. "Yes, your wolf." She said as she got closer. "What happen?" I said. I was able to walk towards her and the instant my hand touched her black fur, all my emotions went into overdrive.

I felt love, patience, tolerance, hope, strength and then I felt hatred, fear, I felt empty. "Katherina, look at me." Saphira ordered. I looked at her, my tears falling down my face like a river. They didn't mix with the water. They were bubbles going up.

"You're going to be alright. Look around, what do you see?" She asked. I turned around and saw darkness and waters. "I see... black." I replied. "Yes, you must know that this is your world, your spiritual world. In other words, your mind, your heart, and your spirit. And they have been flooded with fear, sadness, emptiness. All of this waters represent what you have in your heart. What you have to surpass in order to regain your powers, regain your strength and move from this stage of your life, in order to go look for our daughter." She said.

"But... I can't...I saw her...through a white light leave me..." I whisper. I grabbed my chest, it started hurting again. "She's still alive. She's out there Katherina. And we will find her, and we won't need anyone's help. It's going to be you and I." Saphira said. "But, how? I can't even control my fear, I can't even control the elements!" I said grabbing my head.

"Katherina, relax. I'll be there to help you. If you've noticed I haven't spoken to you in so many time because you didn't need my help. You were strong, and I was on vacations. But I'm always going to be here to help you. I won't leave, I'm here. It will be different from now on. I will be physically next to you and we will find her, and I will not rest until we find her." She said as she transformed into me but with darker hair and dark electric blue eyes.

"Thanks, Saphira. Let's go back, Let's go get our daughter." I said as I grabbed her hand. When I grabbed it, I moved my right hand up and the waters evaporated. My hair moved from one side to another. At the same time my dress changed into a warrior outfit, it was white with silver armored, I finally had had shoes on.

I stepped on the ground and the earth moved upwards. Air surrounded me and pull us up to the skies. I started controlling one element at a time.

"You ready?" I asked Saphira. "Ready when you are." She replied. I then saw how on my arm was forming a new tattoo.

A spiral-shaped tattoo. But not only mine but Saphira's too. "It means we are now more closely than ever." Saphira replied. "Yes, we are." I replied.

I had my bending back. Had my wolf back.

I had a purpose:

Find my daughter,

kill Damon, Otoniel, and Kiona

Make the world a safe place for my baby.

My baby Amelia.

Amelia Qi voldi de Castellini. 

****

Hey guys! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! What do you guys think will happen ? 

XOXO

Lisa