Chapter38

Over the past 2 hours the deep cut across my arm has bled, burned, rotted, crusted and then disappeared all together, leaving only a faint scar. Not to mention that I was sweating like a mad man and I couldn't control my shift for quite a bit. I scratched up most of Derek's furniture, which I promised I would refund for but he just told me its happened so much in the past that theres no point.

Now I'm waiting for one thing, Klaus.

"Who is this guy anyways, what the hell can he do that we can't?" Isaac speaks up, he's been cussing out the 'Unknown' Klaus since I told him that he's coming. I just might have left out a minor detail, that he's my real father. No need to tell them, especially Isaac, he's somewhat possessive of not just me, but the whole pack. I assume it has something to do with his whole dad situation, we're his new family, not just some measly pack of werewolves and misfits.

"Isaac, if any one knows whats going on, he will." I tell him while sitting up on the couch and sipping my water.

"I've met this guy before, he can, besides its Candice's da-" I act first and think later, I chuck my glass at Peter's head before he can finish the sentence. He ducks seconds before it would have collided with his head. He whips his head at me wild eyed, so does everyone else. I shrug my shoulders.

"There was a fly." Luckily we're interrupted by the door swinging open.

He's here.

"I am impressed Candice, you have more of a trusting pack then I originally thought." I would recognize his british accent in a room with just him or in one full of people. Isaac steps forward in his lasting anger for the man.

"This is him?" He states, less of a question, more of a fact. Oh God Isaac, don't get on his bad side so early.

"Klaus, and you?"

"Isaac." Klaus grins at him and then looks around the room at everyone else.

"Klaus, this is Scott, Lydia, Alison, Stiles, Cora, you already know Peter and thats Derek." I point each person out, and he looks at each one individually.

"Werewolf." He takes another sniff in the air at Scott, "Also an Alpha, a young one too." He looks at Lydia, "A newbie Banshee, always good to have around." Now Allison, "Human, but let me guess... A hunter?" Allison doesn't say anything so he just smirks and goes to Stiles next. "Human... just human? Thats a bit peculiar... Peter, nice to see you again." He nods his head to Cora. "Werewolf." He finally comes to the last one "Alpha, and Candice's Mate, interesting." Mate? Nu-uh. He glances between both of us.

"You didnt know? Well I'm glad to be the barrier of good news. Dont worry Candice, I approve. Any Hale is worthy."

"Why should she care about your approval." Isaac spits out, wow he is mad. Derek says something at the same time.

"How do you know the Hale's?"

He answers Isaac first, "Well I am her father." He smiles at the reaction he gets from everyone besides Peter and I. "You didnt tell them Candice? Im disappointed." He fakes hurt at me before turnig to Derek. "Well I knew your mother of course, she was an apex alpha, like me." I glance at the pack, they all still look surprised at my new family.

"But, this is not what I came to talk about, Candice, you needed me?" I nod my head.

"Well you know my bargain, so I am assuming the 'I never will' You told me last time has turned into a 'Yes'?" I sigh and nod my head agan.

"How much do you need?"

"A few pints."

"Pints of what?" Isaac asks, Peter leans in and tells him.

"Blood?! No way, Candice we can figure this out ourselves!" I just shake my head at him.

"No we cant Isaac." I turn back t0 Klaus. "Deal."

"What seems to be your problem?" I take my arm out from under the covers and show him the slit going down on the inner part of the arm. His eyes scrunch up. "When did this appear?" He takes it in his hands and runs his hand over the scar.

"When I brought Derek back to life." He glances up at me, with slightly wider eyes.

"You went through a series of sickness, yes?"

"It was disgusting." Stiles chimes in, confirming Klaus's thought

"You are much more powerful then I first assumed. That was your way of transforming. Are you familiar with the saying, Cats have nine lives?" I nod my head again.

"You have 13, each time you use one up, you get another power. It's a way of limiting your powers, you have to access them through death. You've used one, soon you will do the impossible."

"What happens when she uses all of them?" Scott asks.

"She dies. Now lets get that blood, shall we?"

-//-

I couldnt decide on which book to post, so I did both:) Call of the Wild and I wont wait for Karma are now both up. READ THEM!!! Both Derek Hales:)