Chapter14

We went to go get ice cream at this little shop called 'cone or cup' and surprisingly Derek came too.

"What would you like?" the worker asked us

"Cookie dough" I said

"Double chocolate" stiles said

"And strawberry" Derek said

I looked at Derek quizingly and said

"Seriously strawberry? for the big bad wolf?"

"What?strawberry's the best!" He responded cheerfully.

"Okayyyy" I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

After we got the ice cream we went on a walk, we came upon a trail that goes through the forest. we really shouldn't have gone on the trail with peter and everything, but no one was paying enough attention to notice.

We talked about things as far as our favorite movies to family issues.

On that specific topic stiles was the most opened up

"My mom, best mom ever! she would read to me every night and was just awesome! If she was still here should would know about you guys, and she would have helped..." I thought I saw stiles eyes get glossy but he blinked and it was gone so fast I thought it must be my imagination.

Derek was being pretty care free today, I really liked it.

"She sounded pretty amazing stiles." I said then hugged his shoulder.

"Ya...she was..."

"How bout you Candice? you never really talk about your family." stiles said turning the tables, sadly, on me.

I saw derek eyeing me out of the corners of his eyes, he wanted to know too.

"Uh, there's not that much to talk about." I said even though I knew stiles would keep pushing

"Come on Candice!" stiles whined

" Okay, fine, um my dad was awesome too, his name was Oliver I called him oly," I smiled lightly, "he was a marine, trained me, he would always jump on me in the morning to wake me up, " I smiled at the thought of him "I looked a lot like him, my brother too. I'm glad I took after him, not my mom..." I started to get lost in my train of thought but pulled my self back to the real world,"but anyways my brothers name was max and he was Derek's age, and we were bestfriends.

They died in a car crash. some cops think it was foul play, but they could never prove anything."my lips started to quiver, recalling old memories was harder then I thought. now it was Derek's turn to hug me

We were all so caught up in the moment, no one saw my eyes flash bright green, or that we had stepped over a trip wire, until it was too late.

Derek's body was lurchered off the ground, the rope catching his foot. the next thing we knew derek was hanging upside down and people started to emerge from the forest. on man I recognized, it looked like...chris? Alison's dad?

A woman started to speak, dirty blonde hair,green eyes...dark evil green eyes. she had a tanned tone and was well built. derek snarled when she stepped into the open.

"Hey derek," she began

"Miss me?" she made a kissy face, then turned towards me and stiles.

"First of all My names Kate and secondly What are two doing with this thing?

She asked with a grin

I closed my eyes, hoping they wouldn't flash green. if my assumptions were correct these were the hunters peter was talking about.