An Old Acquaintance

*Sherlock POV*

The semi silence is tense, alleyway too dark for my liking. Its day three on my own, I've called John once since I got here. No one notices me, not like they would anyways. I'm always in the background, hiding in the shadows with Irene's gun gripped loosely in my hands or tucked in my waistband under my already too large coat. Someone walks towards me, slipping out of the sparse night crowd and into the shadows.

"Hello darling. Care for a drink?"

"Not particularly."

"Youre not from around here...pretty little thing."

"Get away from me."

The man is obviously drunk, possibly high. He steps closer, chuckling when I stumble back.

"Come back here sweetheart."

"Go away. No...stop...get...get off."

He presses against me, trapping ne against the cool brick of the wall. I wriggle feebly, struggling to push him off. He runs his hand down my sides, pressing a light kiss below my ear.

"Stop. I...ill shoot you. Get...get away from me."

I manage to pull the gun from my waistband, holding it at arms length as the man takes a few stumbling steps back.

"Shit dont...dont...please."

"Get out of here."

He nods, tripping as he leaves and slips back out onto the street. I realize I'm shaking, nearly dropping the gun as I tuck it back into my inner pocket. The cement is cold under me, water seeping into my clothes as I sink down onto the ground.

"Are you alright sir?"

Someone crouches beside me, hand outstretched to help me up.

"I'm fine."

"Come on, lets get you out of the cold. Do you live near by?"

She pulls me to my feet, jumping back when I push on her arm.

"I'm fine. Leave me here."

"Do you live near by?"

"No, I dont."

"Do you want me to get you a cab?"

"Wouldn't take me all the way home."

"Why shouldn't it? Come on, you can come home with me tonight."

"No."

"Come on, its alright. I promise."

"Stop it...please...let go."

The woman releases her gentle hold on my arm, still talking softly to me. I turn around, walking away as quickly as I can in my injured state.

"Wait..."

I stop, turning half way to face her.

"Be careful."

"What did you say?"

She nods, extending her arm towards me once more.

"You...you too."

"Lets get you somewhere safer."

I limp out after her, getting into the car when she opens the door.

"How...how did he find me?"

"He didn't."

"Who sent you?"

"No one."

"Then why are you here?"

"You don't remember me, do you? I'm sorry Sherlock."

I tense instantly, shrinking away from the woman.

"Do you remember Inspector Baynes?"

"Of course."

"Good."

"And who are you?"

"You've grown slower."

She smirks at me, holding a hand out to show her wedding band.

"He passed?"

"Few years back. I remember you of course."

"From when?"

"Wisteria Lodge. We were introduced briefly I believe, just for a second or two before you boys went off."

"Yes...briefly."

"Alright, we're almost there. Ill get you set up in the guest room, then you can go to sleep if you like. If not, I'm making tea, and you are free to join."

"I shouldn't stay long."

"I'm not forcing you to stay any longer than the morning."

"Th...thank you."

The car stops, pulling up to a small, two storey house.

"Well, here we are."

I get out, cursing as I put too much sudden weight on my leg, and follow her inside.

"You can sit on the sofa until your room is ready."

"How did you know where to find me?"

"Everyone in your brothers web knows dear. I was just talking to some of the boys today and they said you were missing. I saw someone who looked panicked stumble out of the alleyway, so I decided to make sure everything was alright. You've changed, a lot, I almost didnt recognize you."

I sit down, accepting a cup of tea from Mrs. Baynes before she walks down the corridor.