Brotherly Love

Chapter 4 : Big news?

*-*

"I hate hospitals". I say to my mom as she drives us home from the hospital.

"Well if you had taken your inhaler you wouldn't have to be in the hospital". she replies.

"Shoot me already". I throw my hands up in total surrender."Since you clearly can't forgive and forget".

"Your life was at risk". she snaps.

Not wanting to start a big argument I turn my gaze outside of the window. The rain was pouring outside. I got bored enough to start counting rain drops that rolled down on the window.

*-*

As we stepped inside the house I saw my step dad planted on the couch, watching TV with his friend Charles who lived on the other side of the town.

"Hey honey....Hey Charles". my mother greeted them.

All he did was put up his hand and waved. Charles was polite enough to look at my mom and nod.

"Typical Asshole". I mutter underneath my breath.

He shot up to look at me. Stunned that I would say such a thing.

And my point is....I hated Owen with every inch of my body. Just being alone with him can damage your soul. And yes! he was that bad of a person. Always drunk or high and sometimes didn't give two shits about my mother. I don't know why she tries or is still in love with him.

I started on my way up the stairs. I suddenly heard music being played in my room. I shot a quick glare towards my mom.

"Alexis is here". she said slipping away into the kitchen.

Hearing that I made my way up to my room faster.I slowly open the door to reveal my best friend . She had on her Tinker bell pajamas with Thor already beaming on my flat screen TV.

"Well well well". I said closing the door behind me.

She jumped in total shock. I couldn't help but giggle."How long have you been there". she asked looking confused.

"Long enough to see you lusting over my future husband". I replied changing into my pink and white Tinker Bell pajamas.

Yes , we were total fans.

"Your future husband is Caleeb". she said waving me off. "Thor is all mine". she finished.

"Caleeb is not my future husband , Usher is" I explain taking a seat next to her.

"He's too old".

"is not". I protest

"By the time you can get married...He will be". she laughed and I joined.

"Whatever Alexis".

"Shhhh ,the movie is about to get more interesting". she says covering my mouth.

"Fine , then I won't tell you that Caleeb so happen to give up his nights rest for me". I blurt out focusing my attention to the TV.

"Wait what?". she turned to face me. "Spill it".

I laughed before turning to face her."He said he loved me". I explained to her."But then he said and I quote ! .....goodnight sis". a frown made its way across my face as I turn my attention back to the TV.

The room was too quiet for my liking so I turn to look at Alexis who couldn't breathe.

And I don't mean 'Can't breathe' as in having a Asthma attack like I did but....she literally was laughing to the point where she stopped breathing and started to choke on air.