Brotherly Love

*Part 2 for this book is now out*

Chapter 1 : An intro ?

Dear Diary ,

  My name is Hope....Hope Amelia Grey and I am what you call a miracle. It all started the day I was born. My parents Ann and Rodney Grey couldn't have kids because of a fertility problem. When my mom found out she was pregnant they decided on the name 'Hope' before I was even conceived.

  My parents are now divorced , Sadly but yes they are and it still hurts me to this day. They seem to move on perfectly fine though , Finding and starting their new families, not even thinking of how I felt about the whole situation. My dad is a lawyer and my mom a nurse.I have been working as a intern at the 'Daily Ladies Magazine' Since I started 10th grade. Now I'm in the 12th.

  Enough about me Diary...let me tell you how it all started . August 16 , four days before the new school year would start. Caleeb Anthony Johnson , He was perfect the day I laid my eyes on him . But there was one problem though. He was my dad's step son...and that meant...My step brother .

Sincerely ,
Hope

*-*

Time : 1:30 P.M.

Day : Thursday

I woke up and checked the time. I slept in again.

Great.

I leaped out of bed and headed straight for the shower. After about 20 minutes of the warm water sprinkling down on my body , I finally step out and dry off. I went over towards my walk in closet and put on my work outfit . Fixing my skirt as I locked my room door behind me.

*-*

I jog my way downstairs when I heard a bang. Sounded like plates being dropped. I went inside the kitchen and I was right . This has been the fifth time this week my mom broke plates."Sorry". she says holding her hands up in total surrender."It slipped''. she continued, picking up a few of the broken plate pieces.

"It doesn't matter anymore". I argued. "I'm already late for work and I don't feel like taking out any money at the bank just to fill it with gas".

She picks up the few broken pieces that were left and threw them into the sink before pointing me to her purse. "Take some gas money and some change in case you need something". I quickly squealed , pulling her into a tight ever lasting hug.

"Can you say , your the best mom a girl could have?". She laughed before sucking her teeth and pushing me gently to the side.

I walk over towards her purse and took out enough money to fill my car and still have a little left over in case of anything. I give my mom a kiss on the forehead , heading for the front door and closing it behind me.

*-*

When I got in my car I had enough gas to make it to the gas station close by. It would be completely depressing if I did run out before actually getting there. Plus it was too cold outside.

Today the gas station was packed but I manage to find a perfect spot for my blue BMW. I get out the car and looked at the number that my car was parked ,7. As I walk towards the store to pay for the gas pump I was bumped.

My eyes quickly shot up to the person who bumped me. It was Caleeb. His eyes met mine and a smirk formed on his face. "Maybe you should watch where your going ?". He said still smirking.

As much as I wanted to slap that smile off his face, his dimples were enough to change my mind. My palms begin to sweat as the words trying to escape my mouth quickly got stuck in my throat.