Brotherly Love

Chapter 18 : Naturally...

Previously on Brotherly Love

Thor was on as Caleeb was slowly drifting off to sleep. I was thinking a lot and I know what to do now. I have given it plenty of thought.

"Caleeb". I whisper slowly shaking him.

He jumps out of his sleepy state and fixes himself in the bed.

"Yes baby?, you okay? ". He quickly answers with a confused look on his face.

"I don't want any kemo therapy". I simply say .

"What? ". He says sitting up more in the bed .

I sigh softly and held onto his face. I studied his facial feature. He was indeed a handsome young man. His eyes lit up and I gently kiss his soft lips. I'll miss him truly, his kids will look amazingly beautiful . It's sad that I won't be able to give him his first child, his first everything to be exact.

"I want to die naturally, I don't want treatment to help the cancer". I say as tears started beaming down my cheeks.

*-*

The morning was quiet as usual. No one spoke as we all sat at the table. My dad and Gloria were also seated here.

"Hope...". My mother started trailing off as steady tears started rolling down her face.

I was confused as to the reason she was crying. It was either the pregnancy or the fact that I wanted to die naturally. Caleeb had no right to tell my mom and she had no right to call my dad who had no right to bring Gloria.

"It's my decision and I have decided , I want this". I spoke to them all fixing in my chair. The room once again became quiet.

My dad had fear in his eyes. I could tell he wanted to say something but knew me too well. Once I have made up my mind to do something that's what I'm going to do.

"You think I want to die?". I finally said breaking the silence.

"Caleeb please talk to her...". My mother asked still sobbing.

"I don't want medicine , I don't want to lose my hair, I need you all to support me". I explained feeling the tears building up.

My father stood from his seat and banged hardly on the table. "Do you think we want this?". He said with watery eyes."Do you know how it makes us feel to know that our angel will die in a matter of months?, and your hurting us by not taking this medication to stay with us longer?". He ended .

I stared into my father's face. The seriousness was truly there as he eyed me for a blink, a sign of his understanding.

"And don't you think I needed you when you were with your new family!?".  I screamed standing up from the table."When Owen touched me and I cried each night when I needed my father.....where were you daddy? ". By this point the water works had been released.

I got up from the table and walk slowly to my room. The tears were beaming down my face by this point. I walk in the bathroom and took a long glance at myself. I look sick and broken.

I hear the door open with a sadden Caleeb coming towards me. He held my face and starts to plant tiny kisses on my lips.

"You see their point right?". He said hugging me tightly."They don't want their angel dying and trust me Hope it hurts so bad to see you like this".

I cry harder into his shirt. He was right. I always got my own way but never thought about what my parents would think or say.

"I'm sorry, it just...hurts".

"I know and were all here for you baby girl, we can't be a team if your leading your own troops". He explains kissing me once more.

*-*

Three Months Later :

I thought going back to school would be fun. It's finally Friday and I feel so weak.

Alexis and I were in the parking lot talking. A group of the, what you may call cool kids, approach us.

I didn't feel as pretty as I did before. My hair was completely gone,  I look more pale and I have become so thin. I lost so many pounds these pass months. Not to mention the new York jacket and colorful tie heads that I had to wear.

Flash back -

As Alexis shaved my hair off my head, I felt as if cancer had totally taken over my life. I had to eat what they told me, when they told me and how. I hated needles. But now I no longer had a fear for them.

When she was finished , I looked in the mirror to take in my appearance. I could see the veins from my head run paths throughout.

"Now for the finishing touch". Alexis says wrapping a pink bandana over my now shiny head.

"You look beautiful". A voice from behind us says. I turn to see Caleeb leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah, well I don't think so". I sigh fixing the Bandana.

"Give us a minute". Caleeb says to Alexis. She nods and leaves the bathroom closing the door behind her.

"What?".

"Hope, I think of you as my flower, a flower which contains such beauty it should be shameful not to worship it". He explains cuffing my cheeks in his palms.

A tear made it's way down my cheek but Caleeb made sure of it not to make it land. I stared into his beautiful eyes. His moist lips complimented his facial features well.

"I love you". I finally say to him."I love you more than words could express".

"And I love you more, truly I am thankful that I met you Hope, your one of a kind". He states slowly leaning in to kiss me.

Caleeb made me feel more comfortable. He made me feel as if I could take on the world with him by my side.

My smiles were no longer fake. I have finally found true love and the feeling, even if it won't last forever .....is amazing.

End of flash back -

"Hope?". Kat a red head that seemed like the most friendly one says .

"Yes?". I answer fixing my bag on my shoulder. Alexis asked to hold it for me but I knew I could do it myself.

"Were sorry to hear you have Cancer". She said while the rest nodded.

"Thanks...for the support". I reply with a smile.

They walk away as my legs felt weak. The bell rings and we both start walking towards the school entrance.

"I don't feel too good". I say to Alexis as my head becomes more dizzy.

"Need me to drop you home?". She ask,  I nod my head no. It was the side affect of the medication. I just want to stick it out and be normal for once.

We walk in the halls. Alexis walks me to class everyday now. I felt faint as I stumbled a little.

"Are you sure your okay?". She ask holding me up from falling.

I look down to see blood on the floor. I wipe my nose and became aware that it was indeed bleeding.

"I'm...". I stumble out as I fell to the floor.

Everything around me became dark and all I could hear were the faint sounds of my best friend crying for help.

********************************************

Sort of a cliff hanger?, plus I had to update since I had the time and all.

Mistakes will be corrected at the end of this book when I have the time, plus I'm still new to this so I will make many mistakes.

Stay tune for the next chapter

Vote comment and follow.

Thank you and stay safe

(Ghost readers, y'all killing me ....)