CHAPTER 29

This chapter will be in the third point of view. WARNING, there are themes that might upset some readers ahead.

Susan was not the best model out there, she didn't have the grace and eloquence as Dreya or all other praised models for decades then and to come.

She was bound to compare herself to the best in the business and try to improve upon herself in every way possible but there were times she felt this clenched goal of hers were miles and miles away.

She wouldn't let her shortcomings stop her though. They were actually that little push she needed in life.

She worked her hardest to get to where she was. The sleepless nights, gruesome exercises and strict diet were never easy but if it guaranteed her the fame and recognition she so sought for she was ready to risk it all.

''This is it, this is finally it she thought as the offer was handed to her. Finally it was her turn. Even though she was bluntly told by Germain that the only reason she was picked was due to her relation to Melissa and Anthony's insistence on having her do the gig.

Nevertheless, she chose not to see it that way.

It was merely convenient for family to be there for each other, to support each other and help one another grow. It took her by surprise that the same man who her cousin had painted black had extended a firm hand to have her on board the project but that was enough to convince her that Anthony wasn't much of an asshole as she had thought.

With this opportunity given, she was going to show the rest of the world what she was capable of and climb the ranks. The spotlight was finally going to hers and hers alone.

However her aspirations wouldn't last long as her world came crushing down once more.

'' I said you are to be on standby till further notice'' Germain sneered and she froze on the spot, her once bright smile dropping slowly. She blinked rapidly trying to bring herself to understand what this potbellied man had just blabbed.

She was briefed by her manager, who was in a questionable foul mood considering how elated he was with Melissa a few minutes ago, on which project, be it the billboard or the website photoshoot would be taken by individual model.

But of course Susan's notable inexperience and comparison was not spared in his dreadful speech.

''What d-do you mean by that?!" Susan exclaimed trying her best to keep her voice calm and collected. Looking around to be sure no one had heard and then turned back to Germain, an annoyed expression on her fair face.

This was definitely not what she was expecting to hear.

Not only did they completely cast Dreya's dark unforgiving shadow over her but they had placed her on stand by. She was to be a substitute.

What happened to her being on the frontline? She couldn't believe how he had just simply flushed away all her hopes and dreams with just mere words. Mere words that left her lost and empty.

Nothing was making sense and the smile on Dreya's face as Germain spat the news to her face was making her blood boil. Was she the reason why this was happening? What else did she want to take from her?

Now she was nothing more than a damn useless substitute. There she was in the middle of one of the biggest events of the decade and her dreams were slipping through her fingers right there and then.

What did she do to deserve this?

Her life was already a mess and she couldn't help it if she wasn't as lucky as her miserable cousin to get a rich man to doll her up and take her out of her misery.