CHAPTER 10

A few days after

There was a knock on my door and my eyes snapped awake. My brows arched in confusion as the former soft knocks became louder.

I reached for my phone and checked the time only to find out that it was 2am in the morning. I sat up and stared at the door, waiting to see if there were more knocks or not.

Looking out the window, the cresent moon was still very high up and shinning as bright as ever with the absence of clouds.

Then just like the knocks became twice as loud and I rushed out of bed.

"Anthony?" I whispered  and I heard a soft yes at the other side.

I twisted the lock and opened the door to see a stressed out man in a t-shirt, sweatpants, messy hair and glasses at the other side of the door.

In his hands were three files, a highlighter and five pens to be specific.

"Is anything wrong? It's 2am in the morning." I grouchily questioned and he looked at me with an sheepish gaze.

"Can I come in?" He asked me and my brows arched in further confusion.

Was I in trouble of some sort??

"Sure" I replied and gave him way in.

Closing the door, I watched as he slowly walked in and ran his hands through his hair in a very messy manner.

"Want me to make you coffee or something?" I asked him standing with my back against the door.

" I'd really appreciate that." He murmured but it was audible enough for me to hear.

On a normal circumstances, I'd have grumbled a bit cause there is no way I would want to go all the way downstairs at 2am in the morning but.....he looked so tuckered out and well I asked of he wanted coffee in the first place.

I walked out of the room and I just realized that I didnt even get time to freshen up before he came in. I must have scared him with my morning face.

Heading to the kitchen in this huge house all by myself at 2am was surprisingly calm unlike all those weird horror movies Susan talks about nonstop.

Nevertheless I would still ran up the stairs with that coffee to avoid whatever monster would be on my tail.

Switching on the kitchen lights, I rubbed my eyes as they slowly adjusted and made way to the cabinet where the coffee beans are kept.

Humming to Money Trees by Kendrick Lamar, I yawned tiredly and took a seat on one of the swivel chairs.

There I was all alone in the kitchen trying my best not to look at the windows and let my imagination get carried away by picturing me in some horror scene.

All of a sudden a shiver ran down my back and the drops of water from the tap on the kitchen sink was as loud as ever.

"It's all in your head" I whispered to myself and tapped my finger on the cabinet impatiently. Suddenly I heard footsteps and the hair on my body stood on its end.

"It's in your head, it's in your head" I  mumbled and checked on the coffee machine.

I quickly reached up to grab the coffee mug but then a shadow loomed over the doorway, I screamed and the next thing I knew I was on the floor with shaddered pieces of glass around me.

"Bamb---Melissa!!" I heard Anthony yell only to see him at the doorway.

"Wait becareful" I cautioned him.

I saw him grab a broom and he instructed me to stay right there on the floor. He swept the shards of glass around me and gathered them in a pile. After throwing them out, he helped me get up but to be safe I leaped to the 'safe zone' where I was sure had no shards of glass.