Chapter 8

Anthony's POV
"Tacky, extremely tacky. Is this the best we've got, Mrs Potter?'' I asked her and flipped through the files on my table one after the other.

"Well this is the fourteenth design you've rejected, of course, your designers will get desperate and try anything at this point since you don't give them ample time to come up with something unique'' she told me and gave me an amused grin. I glanced up at her from my glasses and looked away.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Mrs Potter?'' I asked her and placed the file I was holding on to the others. I crossed my arms and leaned back in my swivel seat. My day was already as tiring as it is.

Melissa was out dilly-dallying with her friends and I was stuck here going through the legal documents of her broke company. I'm still wondering how that company managed to thrive on bare cents.

"You look more pressed than usual. Is it cause you're a husband now my dear Anthony?'' She asked me and I groaned inwardly.

''Look at you, it was just a while ago you were a wee lad running around this very room worrying that you won't be able to meet up to your father's expectations. Now look at you.....all successful and even married.'' She told me with a happy look on her face. I inwardly groaned, took off my glasses and ran my hands down my face. I was in no mood to deal with her sentimental feelings.

Rachel has been blowing up my phone since the day I signed the wedding contracts. She was pissed and well she had every right to be. I told her it was best we talk about it all face to face but that only seemed to piss her off even more. If the schedule she sent me was accurate, she was having her photo shoot today and then her surgery was tomorrow.

This would be her fourth surgery on her facial features. It's not like I had a problem her having surgeries or anything, I mean it's her life and as long as she felt okay with it I was ready to support her.

But at times I wished she'd believe my words when I tell her that she's perfect just the way she is instead of trusting those agents of hers and giving into the pressure of fitting into the so called beauty standards of the modeling agency. Strict diets, surgeries and all that just because some judgmental people have their own biased view of what they think beauty is.

If only she'd listen then she wouldn't be looking like a different person every time.

Despite coming to an agreement that we were going to talk about this face to face she still kept on blowing up my phone with calls and texts, cursing at me with every opportunity she got.

'' The meeting is next week Friday, I hope you're ready for it. You know how important this is to the company'' she said and placed her hands behind her back.

''How could I forget?'' I groaned and rubbed my temple. There were so many things going on in my life simultaneously but that dreaded interview with that jackass next week Friday was something I could never forget. To be honest I wish I could end that stupid tradition with Endeavor Motors where we had to collaborate on a project of their choosing. I still had no idea how this collaboration came about but my dad was very insistent that I keep it going.

Endeavor Motors has quite the reputation for shady deals despite their international and national success. The CEO Walter McBridge was hardly an acquaintance of my dad's, which is why I was confused when he told me about this weird tradition. In my opinion, anything concerning McBridge was bad news and I wanted nothing to do with them. Especially now when his son, Chase McBridge was about to inherit the company.

"You know how this is important to your dad. I'm sure he'll call you to give you a whole lecture on it.''

"I already know what I need to know about this whole thing, a lecture isn't needed. One thing I can't seem to comprehend is why they get the larger profit in all of this. Isn't this something we should change?'' I asked her and tapped my pen on the desk.