CHAPTER 9

"No wonder you're so happy nowadays. You've been sleeping with him, haven't you?" Susan asked me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I twirled the spaghetti on my plate around the fork and shoved it in my mouth. It was Saturday afternoon and Anthony decided to stay at home, I followed suit considering my day at ROSS PIN LMT was tiring with customers filing in every second. It was very weird seeing our halls full but for the first time, my dad smiled halfway. It was the scariest thing I had ever seen.

I was happy nevertheless that the company was finally picking up once more but was the price paid for that success worth it?

Anthony and I had been sharing breakfast and dinner every single day and to be honest, he wasn't half bad. We spoke about a few of our interests and passions. Such as him being an ambivert, his favorite color being red, his obsession being the Iron Man for some weird childhood reason he was too embarrassed to tell me about and his undying hatred for broccoli.

Being the first son out of three, he shared how he felt pressured to take on certain responsibilities and it felt like his entire life was all planned out for him. He did also share that he was his mama's favorite which made me realize I hadn't been properly introduced to his mother considering our marriage was done in a registrar's office with Carl and some old lady called Mrs Potter in attendance.

I on the other hand, told him my favorite color was purple and we found out that we had a shared obsession for chicken.

His dad's jokes are horrible though but apart from he's quite a cool person. But in between our conversations, his phone would buzz and I'll be pulled back into the reality that he has someone else occupying his heart.

Not that I want to be there or anything.

She must have taken the news rough, I mean yeah your billionaire boyfriend gets married whilst you're away and now you have to face reality. That would hurt.

Does not matter as long as there's no bad blood between us considering how I'm some sort of obstacle in their relationship. And who doesn't looooove a home wrecker?

"We just have meal times together and nothing else. Get your mind out of the gutter.''

"I knew your virgin ass couldn't seduce the man, tsk tsk''

"Excuse you! I'm perfectly fine with my cherry being unpopped.'' I whisper yelled just in case someone was coming in and would hear me talking about such a delicate issue.

"You sure about that girl? You're in a house with such an adonis. Have you seen how hot that man is?! And in a huge house with so many rooms, so many beds, so many walls, so many tables, so many couches, so many other stuff you can fuck on, and yet you haven't done shit. May I remind you that he's a man and well he would definitely get more attracted to the opposite sex faster than you would and yet nothing, no crash bang bang. Girl, you ain't doing your job right.'' she exclaimed and I rolled my eyes.

What did she mean by that? I was perfectly fine, semi-attractive at least...I think. The only reason he isn't attracted to me is because this is an arranged marriage and well he has someone else to fulfil all his sexual desires. Can't two people who are bonded by holy matrimony against their will live in a house successfully as friends with no form of sexual attraction whatsoever?

"Melissa, are you telling me that you are in no way attracted to that man you share the same roof with? Are you telling me you've wanted to be in bed with such a man? Are you telling me_''

"Susan, you're being very annoying and no, I have never felt any form of attraction whatsoever to him. We're barely friends and I wouldn't ruin whatever form of truce is between us.''