CHAPTER 30

WARNING. This chapter contains themes that may be upsetting to some readers.

Melissa's POV

When did the world get so blurry or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

The guy in the uniform was still ahead of me and I was trudging behind trying to hold on to the walls for support whenever it seemed like the floor beneath was disappearing. I had managed to stop the blood but I couldn't ignore how purple the area around the cut was slowly becoming.

''What on earth did he cut me with?" I thought as we entered the elevator and he pressed the button leading up.

Inspecting my hand once more, I felt sharp pain through my head and I winced, holing onto the elevator wall for support.

Was I just exhausted, was I letting my encounter with Rachel get to me or there was something really wrong going on?

Taking a critical look at the man, my instincts began to flare and I knew for sure that something weird was going on. I had been blinded by my eagerness to rest that I had stupidly gone with a total stranger in the den of a snake.

First of all I had to get out of this elevator and into the open where I could freely run without being cornered. Once the elevator halted and the doors slid open, I walked out carefully with him behind me. I then realized we were on the room floor.

I had to act fast. I stopped in my tracks without turning to face him I asked ''Is there a washroom on this floor? I really need to freshen up.'' trying to mask the fear that was in my voice.

''We're almost in the room ma'am. In there is one of the finest state of the art washrooms in this hotel. I'm sure you'd find that rather pleasant'' He replied without a hesitation and I bit the inside of my mouth.

''Think think think, Melissa'' my thoughts raged.

''Excuse me, I don't think you heard me right......I said I need a washroom on this floor to freshen up. I do not like repeating myself, that is if you'd still like to keep your job here'' I then turned to him and seethed trying to hide how weak my knees were at that moment.

''Of course, ma'am. R-right this way'' He stuttered and led me in the opposite direction to a washroom on the far left of the elevator.

''I'll be right here waiting for you, ma'am'' He insisted and yet I could tell he was impatient.

I snickered undertone and walked into the room then locked the door behind me.

It was only a matter of time before Anthony noticed I was nowhere to be found but I couldn't just stay locked in the washroom and wait. I had to do something and I had to be extremely careful considering I wasn't in my right state of mind.

I was sure it was some form of trap and whatever was used to nick me was some sort of poison or drug. I ran my hand under water and searched around the room for something I could use as a weapon to whack the daylights out of that dweeb.

''Are you done, ma'am?" I heard him call out and I gritted my teeth angrily.

He wasn't leading me to Anthony, why had I been so stupid?! This had been Chase's plan all along and I had fallen right into that trap. I had to do something, anything. I couldn't let Chase win especially without a fight

Pouring the water on my face over and over again, I tried to maintain consciousness as I breathed slowly. Grabbing the broom behind the door, I spotted a big bin nearby as well and thought of how I could use it to my advantage.

Unlocking the door and taking the key out of the door knob, I hid it in my other hand and cleared my throat, ready to initiate my plan.

'' Umm...mister or whoever, whatever you are, could you come in? I need help with my zipper.'' I called out and was met with silence.