CHAPTER 22

Hello, before we start this chapter I would like to know which team you're rooting for.

Team Anthony

Team Nicholas

Team Chase

Enjoy reading. :)

''Glad you came back in one piece, I almost called Nicholas and demanded he be responsible with you. How did you find the display?" I found him sitting on my bed once I opened my bedroom door. His face lit up once he saw me and I felt a pang of guiltiness course through me.

The room lights were off and the only source of luminescence was the bedside lamps and the moon. His suit was off and his tie was hand on the chair beside my bed, his hair was messier than how it was when we part ways at the park.

I could see how tired he was from his eyes and I could only wish that I didn't greatly contribute to his exhaustion.

He smiled widely at me but I couldn't tell if it was actually genuine or not. Frankly I didn't think I deserved a good welcome. He was being too kind.

'Don't be nice to me, get mad, get furious, get loud!" I thought with fingers crossed hopefully.

''It was okay I guess, to be honest I thought it'd be something more.'' I shrugged and I dropped my heels behind the door.

''You waited for me?' I asked him the obvious.

''Yes please, just wanted to make sure that reckless prick had finally changed his ways'' He laughed off but I couldn't decipher if his laugh was genuine or not. His tone was quite different from usual but then I just stood up on him after inviting him to see the fireworks with him, I would have been pissed if I were him.

''You really didn't have to, Anthony'' I muttered and looked down on the ground feeling a bit too guilty to look up at him.

''But I wanted to, and don't beat yourself about it. I understand your relationship with Nicholas. Who am I to be pissed off when all you wanted to do was spend such a moment with someone special to you.'' He told me as he got up from the bed and walked up to me.

He lifted up my chin slowly and then encouraged me to smile. ''How can you not be angry?" I asked him and he smiled even wider.

''Well I would have appreciated it if you were honest with me from the start but this isn't something I'm going to pondering on. I trust that he at least got you something to eat whilst you were out''

I shook my head and forced a smile,'' I didn't feel hungry'' I whispered.

''Still don't?" He enquired and I shook my head once ore.

''That's fine then, I'll leave you to rest then. Goodnight'' He muttered, picked up his suit and tie then walked towards me. He rubbed my shoulder gently and I looked up at him.

''Regardless, I still had fun. Goodnight querida''

With that he walked towards the door and I still couldn't shake off the guilty feeling I had inside.

''Oh and I wanted to tell you earlier tonight, your necklace is quite pretty. You should get more of those'' I heard him say behind me and I looked down at it, reflecting in the moonlight pouring through my window.

''Thank you'' I whispered without turning to look at him. I heard the door shut and I collapsed on the bed. I placed the pillow on my head and screamed into it.

If someone had told me years back that I'd ever be confused about my feelings for someone I would have found it hard to believe to begin with

''I'm a shitty person'' I muttered and took the pillow off my head. I turned on my phone to check the time and figured getting a warm shower could help with my twisted thoughts but my thoughts didn't let me breath, even once.