thirty eight - tonight?

Sophie

We opened Rebecca's front door and we immediately ran inside. "Oh my god. This place is huge" I said admiring her house.

"The view is even nicer" Rebecca said grabbing my hand and leading me out to her balcony. "Wow. You can see everything from here" I smiled.

"Yeah I know. So what do you wanna do today?" Rebecca asked me. I was about to answer but I heard my phone ring from my pocket.

I grabbed it out from my pocket and looked at who was calling me. Ethan. I pressed accept and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hey" He said and I could tell he was smiling. "Hi" I said.

"How's Australia?" He asked, in an attempt of an Australian accent causing me to burst out in laughing.

"One, never do that again. Two, so far so good. We just got to the house" I said and he chuckled. "Wait isn't it like 4am in America right now?" I asked.

"Um ya why?" He asked me.

I sighed. "Go to bed Ethan" I said. "I will later. What are you gonna do today?" He asked.

"I don't know probably go to the beach" I said and looked at Rebecca. She nodded. "I'll change" she said walking inside.

"Make sure you wear sunblock and watch out for sharks because I saw on a commercial that-"

"Ethan! Chill. Oh my god you sound like Brandon" I laughed. "Just making sure you're safe" he laughed along.

"Well, I'll call you later. Make sure you get some sleep E" I said. "Goodnight I love you" I smiled even though he can't see me.

"I love you more" he said. "Not possible" I chuckled. "Well it's true" he said. "Ethan go to sleep" I laughed.

"Fine I love you bye!" I hung up and Rebecca came back in. "Jeez I thought he'd never leave" she laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Same here" I smiled.

I quickly went to get changed, throwing on a basic red bikini. I grabbed all my things- including my sunblock, thank you Ethan, and walked and walked out of the room.

"You ready to go?" Rebecca asked me. "Yep" I said. We walked out of the house and down towards the beach. Rebecca told me that it was less than a five minute walk.

"So what's the deal with you and Gray?" I asked her. Her cheeks turned a pink colour. "What do you mean?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Cmon, you know. Are you guys a thing, are you not a thing. Has he asked you to be his girlfriend. Or are you guys like just hooking up?" I asked. "Have you guys made it official" I added.

"Oh, well...yeah" she smiled at the ground. "YEAH?!" I said really loud causing her to laugh.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I didn't know how you'd react considering you and Grayson had a thing-"

I stopped walking. I turned around and our eyes met. "Rebecca, me and Grayson are just friends. Nothing is going on. He's my best friend, and nothing else. Okay" I said to her. She smiled and hugged me.