Chapter 25

Jenna

This time I am surprised to wake up alone. It's Saturday so I know Nate doesn't have to work today. After making up last night I would have expected him to still be here. I get out of bed and start getting dressed when I hear him.

"You're awake." He says coming up behind me and kissing below my ear.

"And you are still here. I thought you changed your mind about...us."

Turns me to face him. "I told you, I haven't felt like this before and it scares me. But I want to be with you, for real. You just have to give me some time to adjust. I'll also probably screw up quite a bit, so just bare with me."

I take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze. "I really appreciate you trying with me Nate because I really really like you. I just don't want to end up getting my heart broken."

Nate let's out a loud breath. "I'll try my best to prevent that from happening. Now can we eat this. This conversation is a little too much to have on an empty stomach." He says gesturing to the paper bag he had in his other hand. I hadn't even noticed he was carrying it. So that's why he wasn't still in bed.

"Sure. I'll meet you in the kitchen."

I go upstairs to brush my teeth, take a quick shower and get changed. When I join Nate in the kitchen he has breakfast plated and waiting. Pancakes, sausages, eggs, bacon and toast.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted coffee or OJ so I poured you both."

"Coffee, please."

We eat in relative silence before Nate stops to ask, "So what time is Brody coming over?"

"You're not still upset about me dancing with him last night, are you?"

"No, of course not." He says taking our now empty plates to the sink. He comes back to me and takes me into his arms. "I just want to know because I have plans for us for tonight."

"Really? What kind of plans?" I ask, starting to get excited.

"It's a surprise so I can't say and I'm not giving you any hints. Now, what time?"

"Fine." I huff. "Brody should be here around 7."

"Good. That leaves plenty of time for our plans."

"Are you going to be nice to Brody tonight?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh I dunno, maybe because you shoved him yesterday?" I ask, heavy on the sarcasm.

Nate just shurgs carelessly. "He should have minded his own business."

"Nate." I whine. "Please. Be nice, for me." I flutter my eyes at him and pray I don't look like I'm having a seizure.

He let's out drawn out breath before pulling me closer. He starts kissing my neck and then mutters, "Fine." He keeps kissing and sucking on my skin. I'm so lost in Nate that I don't even hear them come in.

"Get a room!" Tyler shouts playfully while Cassidy laughs.

I try to push away but Nate holds me to him. He looks up at Cassie and Tyler and smirks. Then he  bends his head down to the crook of my neck again and carries on as if they aren't there.

When I finally manage to push away from him  and turn to face our friends Cassie gasps and Tyler smirks, looking over at Nate.

"Nice work cuz." He say as he reaches over to high five Nate. I flush with embarrassment thinking it's over the way Nate was mauling me. But Cassie is quick to correct me.

"I have never seen you with a hickey before. That is pretty impressive." She says pointing to my neck.

I stare at her, wide eyed and shocked. I turn to Nate and he smirks. I run to the one of the guest bathrooms to look in the mirror and there it is. A dark red mark marring the skin on the side of my neck. It's bold and unmistakable. My first hickey. I'm going to kill him!

Stepping out of the bathroom I walk right into a still smirking Nate. I take a step back and punch him in the chest. "What the hell?! What were you thinking?" I shout, gesturing to the side of my neck.

"You weren't complaining a couple minutes ago." He taunts.

"Well I didn't realize you were leaving a mark. A hickey Nate seriously! How am I supposed to hide this."

"Babe relax there's no need to hide it. Anyone who sees it will know it's from me. They'll know you're mine" He says pulling me to him.

Narrowing my eyes I glare up at him. "Oh my God!  You did this on purpose." I push away and point at him accusingly.

"What... Pshhh... No. I just got a little carried away." He says with a shrug of his shoulders, trying to play innocent.

"You did too! I just don't get why. You said you weren't mad about Brody and I told you he isn't into women."

He mutters somethig under his breath that I don't hear. Rolling my eyes at I say,  "Whatever, I'm going to figure out how to get rid of this thing and then talk to Cassie about tonights dinner."

~

Cassie and I spend the afternoon in the kitchen putting dinner together. We make a roast chicken with vegetables, salad, garlic bread and apple crumble for dessert. Cassie is dying to know what happened last night. So I fill her in, telling her how Nate admitted to having feelings for me and how he wants to see where things go between us. She squeals so loud and rushs to hug me.

Later that night when Brody shows up I pull Nate into the kitchen to help me get drinks. I make him promise to be nice to Brody and remember that Brody isn't interested in me in the slightest.

The five of us laugh and talk, enjoying dinner and each others company. The guys get to know each other and Brody, Cassie and I catch up. By the end of dinner Brody is so comfortable with the guys that he even teases Nate about marking his territory. I blush and clap a hand to my neck to hide the mark while everyone else laughs.

It's just after 10 o'clock when Brody leaves. He insisted on helping us clean up before he left. With the kitchen cleaned and our guest gone I think we're about to just chill in front of the TV before bed. (Yes I'm that boring.) So I'm surprised when Cassie pulls me off the couch stating that I have to get ready.

"Ready for what? The only thing I feel ready for after all that food, is bed."

"Don't you remember?" Nate asks, walking up to me. "I told you I had a surprise for you."

"Well why do I have to go get ready?"

"Because, we are going on a date." He says with a wide smile.

**********************
Hey guys!

A surprise first date. What could be have in mind? Love bites, hot or not?

Please comment and vote!

Thanks
Gabbi💋