Chapter 12

Jenna

I wake up with a start, my chest heaving as I pant for breath. Sweat drips down my face as if I were running a marathon (I am not a runner).

The time on my phone reads 2:27 am. I go to the bathroom and wash my face. Every time I close my eyes I can see that damn doll head. I'll never be able to fall back asleep now.

I think about going to Cassie's room but I'm sure Tyler is in there with her. Going down stairs I think about watching some TV. Then I look at the new window and fear that something is out there.

Without thinking I walk down to Nate's bedroom. Before I can talk myself out if it I knock on the door and wait with baited breath. I pray that he answers the door. That nightmare scared the crap out of me and I really don't want to have to be alone right now.

I knock again, a little louder this time. I hear shuffling from inside the room and then Nate is the filling the door way.

"Jenna? Is everything okay?" He asks in a confused, sleepy voice.

I wrap my arms around my middle. "I had a really vivid nightmare and I'm scared to go back to sleep."

He pulls me into his room and closes the door. "Is this about what happened earlier?"

I just nod and look down at the floor. He must think I'm so pathetic. Running to him like a child after a bad dream. Whatever he thinks he doesn't show it as he let's out a sigh, leading me to his bed.

After tucking me in he goes over to his side of the bed. He turns to face me and pulls me in closer. "Do you want to talk about it?" he whispers.

I'd rather not but I want him to know how frightening it was. So I don't come across as a drama queen.

I tell him about dreaming I was in the house all by myself. Prancing around the kitchen, baking up a storm. When suddenly I felt a change in the air. I turned to look behind me and there it was. A cow's body with a creepy doll head. It was taller than me with haunting eyes and an eerie smile. It was coming for me and I tried to run. But every door and window I tried was sealed shut. All of a sudden I was outside on the beach. I was still running and it was still chasing. I screamed for help but no one was there. I tripped and turned to see the cow thing standing above me, smiling.

"... And then I woke up feeling as if I had really been running. I sorry I woke you. I didn't know what to do."

"Hey, it's okay. I'm glad you came to me, it is my fault after all." He runs a soothing hand along my arm.

"That's not why I came to you."

"I know but I'm sorry you got so scared. You should try to get some sleep, I'll be right here if you need me." he says placing a soft, sweet kiss on my forehead.

"I can't. Every time I close my eyes I see that face and that creepy smile." I shiver just thinking about it.

"I wish I could take that away. Make you forget." He cups my cheek in his big, warm hand. "Will you let me try.... to help you forget."

I hesitate at first then nod, just barely and before I can blink his lips are on mine. Sweet and gentle at first, until I kiss him back. Then his kiss turns hot and full of passion. This is his way of making me forget and I'm loving it.

Nate tears his mouth away from mine and I whimper at the loss. He starts trailing kisses down my neck then over my breasts. My whimper turns into a moan. His hand runs down my body and slips into my sleep shorts. I break out of my lust filled haze. "Nate we... I can't."

"Shhhhh." He brings his lips back to mine. "We're replacing the bad memory with something good. Don't think, just feel." He kisses away my protests as he slips his hand into my panties.

I know it's a bad idea but I'm tired of fighting my attraction to Nate. Maybe Cassie is right and I can learn a few things from him without having to go all the way.

There in the early hours of the morning after allowing Nate to bring me to an orgasm. I forget about my rules, I forget about Nate's ways with women and most importantly I forget about that damned nightmare. I curl up against Nate with my cheek pressed to his chest. I feel him press a kiss to my head and then I fall into a blissfully deep sleep wrapped up in his arms.

*********************
Hey guys!

I hope you liked it.
Sorry if the nightmare was too much.

Please please please comment and vote to show your support.

Thanks
Gabbi 💋