13- Always Plotting (Morgan)

Caitlyn was in hysterics, her entire body trembling as I ushered her into the room we shared.  I shut the door and locked it, and my younger sister threw herself onto her bed, crying something furious.  I took a few breaths, trying to keep my own emotions together while blocking out Kit Kat's.  It was hard to do when we were so close together, but you forget you're listening to a pro here.  Within moments, all my aching head felt was my own self.

Not that my feelings were much better than Caitlyn's, but I don't need a double dosage.

"Kat..." I said quietly, making my way over to my sister.  I sat down next to her, immediately putting my hand on her back and rubbing up and down.

"Ky-Kylee's f-face.... D-D-Did you s-see it, M-Mo?" Caitlyn hiccuped.  "She looked s-so...s-so..."

I nodded slowly. "I know, Kit Kat." I replied.  Betrayal had been clearly written on my eldest sister's face.  I had felt her pain and sadness, but there was trace of something that wasn't Kylee.  Something foreign, and dark.

A few more moments of silence lasped between us, and Caitlyn calmed down some.  Her tears slowed, and her breathing relaxed a little.  I traced circles on her back, lost in thought.

"I don't think she'll forgive us this time, Morgan..." my sister said softly.  The defeated vibe she was giving off broke through my barrier it was so over-powering.

I looked down at her.  "You can't give up, Kat." I argued.  "You know how Kylee is, you know how she immediately reacts to situations like this.  Becca will talk some sense into her, she'll come around.  She always does."

Caitlyn wiped her tears.  "I want Leo..." she whined, sounding like she was going to start crying again.

"No more tears." I told her sternly.  "We can't dwell on the past, because it's already way far behind us.  The guys will grow on Kylee; I've seen it." I lied easily.

Caitlyn blinked, all traces of crying gone.  "You... really?!" she demanded.

I laughed effortlessly, the lie building in my mind.  "Really.  It'll take a while, but I think our red-masked friend will ensnare dear Kylee to a point where she won't even try and escape." I said, smirking a little.

My sister's eyes brightened.  "What was the vision?!" she asked eagerly.

I smiled, shaking my head.  "Nope.  I don't want to spoil the surprise." I replied, standing up and stretching.  "Don't you worry you're pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard!" I sang, earning an eye-roll from my sister for the Taylor Swift reference.

 I walked over  to my bag and withdrew my cell phone, wiping the smudges off the screen.  Still crouching, I went through my contacts list, found the name I was looking for and pushed "Talk", holding the phone up to my ear.

"Who are you calling?" Caitlyn asked.

I smirked, heading for the door.  "Don't worry about it.  Let me do my work." I replied lightly, opening the door.

"Oh no, I've seen that look before! Get back here, Mo!" Kat exclaimed, springing up from her bed.  I got the door closed just before she got to me, then sprinted away.

"Hello?" a voice on the other end of the phone answered.

"Gimme a sec, Donny!" I replied, charging the front door. 

"Morgan!!!" Caitlyn yelled, orbing down the stairs.  "Stop!"

I sighed, pressing the phone against my chest so Donatello wasn't a third wheel in this conversation.  "Kat, I'll tell you all about it later, 'kay?" I told my sister.  "Just do me this one solid and trust me."