28- Realization (Morgan)

I sat upright quickly, gasping in pain and grabbing at my chest with fingers that were like claws.  Agony, that's all I could feel.  Searing, blinding pain that made me whimper, made me feel like every vein, every bone in my body was on fire, and turned my vision black.  Then came the panic, the fear rising from my stomach and bubbling in my throat. My was was pounding, blood rushed through my ears, and sweat broke out on my forehead.  It was like I was being burned alive with an ice so cold it felt hot. It was a miserable torture, and the only thing that kept me from losing all sense of sanity was that I knew it wasn't me...

Then the pain of relief from the pressure filled my body, and I heaved in breaths as tears rolled down my face and I cradled my throbbing head.

"Morgan!" Michelangelo exclaimed, his voice ringing through my ears.  He was instantly at my side, his cold hands making me feel like blisters covered the skin he covered.  

Hurried footsteps followed.  "What happened?!" Caitlyn demanded.

My vision blurred again, and momentarily I wasn't myself.  I wasn't even in the lair.  All I could see was a black figure looming before me, and then the fear began again.  But it wasn't just surface fear. Being empathetic, I had learned that emotions run on different levels, and most are just the surface.  But this... This was a deep, rooting horror, and it made me scream from the darkest part of my soul.

"KYLEE!! NO!!!"

Then nothing.

I slumped, crying hard sobs of fear and stress, and most importantly anger.  My hair fell in my face, strands sticking to the sweat covering my skin.  And I trembled, immediately leaning in Mikey's offered body for shelter and comfort.  

Kylee...

"Morgan..." Kit Kat tried again, the terror rolling off her and mixing with my own.  "Talk to me, tell me what's going on.  You're scaring me..."

I licked my lips, taking some deep breaths and attempting to swallow everything back.  Caitlyn needed to know, but I couldn't find the words to soften what I had seen and felt.  Slowly raising my head, I stared at my sister as my body trembled even more, tears still leaking from my eyes.  I stared at her with an anger I didn't know I had, and a horror now planted deep inside.  Her blue eyes were wide and gentle, although the emotion behind them made me sick.  She reached out to me, yet I recoiled.

"Did you have a vision?" she asked carefully, frowning.

I shook my head, still trying to process everything that had just happened to me.  I removed my gaze from her hers, staring at my fingers as they fidgeted together.  I tried to take a breath, to regain control, but that was impossible.

Mikey rubbed my arm, trying to calm me down.  I could tell I was scaring the shit out of him, out of all of them, but there wasn't anything I could do.  There wasn't words...

"Mo, please, try and tell us something, anything." he pressed gently.  I looked up at him with his big, wide, caring, blue eyes, and released the breath I didn't know I had been holding all this time.

"Something..." I began, my voice hoarse.  I searched for the appropriate word, but I couldn't find one to fit the situation.  "...Terrible, has happened." I settled.

The moment I was done speaking, I straightened involuntarily as a vision hit me.  Kylee and Becca, side by side, dressed in traditional Foot attire and eyes a blank, white, soulless color, with bloody swords at their sides and evil smirks on their faces.  The Shredder stood behind them in his terrifying armor, cackling darkly as he raised his blades to the sky.