35- Fear Is Me (Caitlyn)

I kept hearing Nightmare telling Morgan how he killed our sister in my head and almost nothing else. My big sister can't be dead though... she would've thought up some way to injure, if not vanquish, the demon or escape... SHE'S NOT DEAD DAMN IT!

"Caitlyn!" Morgan yelled and my head shot up to see Kylee lurching around like a doll and was about to kill her.

I ran at my family and the demon, tackling my eldest sister. "Kylee don't! We're not losing another sister!" I yelled, but instantly froze at my words. My sister's not dead, but somehow my saying that made reality hit... and hard too. I suddenly remember what Morgan said earlier when she had a look of worry and how she said it was Becca. Tears stung at my eyes.

"NO! She's not - Becca's alive! She has to be!" I yelled at Nightmare, who only gave me an evil grin and shrugged. My eyes widened in realization he knew I was here... H-he knew killing Becca would lead to this, I thought. A knee in my gut reminded me of where I was as I was knocked down by Kylee.

I jumped up and took out my tessen Mom had given me. "Morgan..." I sent telepathically to my big sister. 

"Caitlyn.." She replied weakly.

"I'm gonna fake Ky out... and fight Nightmare." 

"WHAT!? NO YOU AREN’T!"

"Listen to me Morgan Halliwell! I need you to run behind me and fight Kylee as soon as I get past her. I'M fighting Nightmare and that's final!" I ordered. As soon as I was done... I ran; I ran towards my sister in an attempt to make her think I was fighting her and ran to the demon with my tessen open and  blades shinning in the moon's light. I heard fighting going on behind me and I knew my sister was worried for me. I mean after all I just woke up a while ago from getting stabbed repeatedly by a knife wielding psycho killer and Nightmare could reconjure him at any time to kill me without a care, but out of all my sisters I was the best at doing magic. Morgan could combine fighting when she'd levitate into the air and see the future which always gave her an edge. Kylee pushed away from magic, always just wanting to be normal, even now. Becca... Becca had a distance from magic... but she was the best at making new, stronger potions/ spells. That's when I got angry. Something that rarely happens.

I threw my tessen with a deadly accuracy at the demon... only to have it go through him! An angered growl escaped me as I charged at the demon. "You-you bastard! How dare you kill our sister and then try to get another to kill us!" I spat out. Nightmare just stared, bored, at me.

"I'm a demon, child, isn't  it in my nature to cause torment and mourning?" he stated. I stepped  to attack close ranged, but got pushed to the ground instead. "The Halliwell sisters are turning out to be quite the disappointing breed. Still too ditzy to actually know better. Your comebacks and insults are weak, and not to mention a sick longing for a reptile. Your sisters can at least put up a fight. Kylee even dared to kill herself tonight to spite me. You? You're not worth my time." He mocked me. I orbed behind him and quickly grabbed my tessen from the ground.

'Please work...' I thought and broke a reddish potion vial on my weapon. Turning toward the demon I hoped the potion I made let my tessen injure him.

A black figure started to appear, but I closed my eyes. 'If I don't see him... her... whoever it is, I'll be fine to fight...' A presence  came from behind and  I did a quick kick to the gut, hearing a female gasp. I smirked, eyes opening, to see Ghostface on the concrete roof.

"I'm not afraid of some killer. I fight demons all the time." I said to Nightmare. Ghostface leapt at me and I did a quick kick to her side, knocking her down... and her mask fell off. Dark brown curly hair came out and she turned around. Her hazel eyes staring murderously into my blue contact ones.

I gasped... I was Ghostface... I was my own fear.

The killer vanished; I looked towards Nightmare in horror of this realization. "Poor, pure Caitlyn." He smirked. "A defender of innocents, but deep inside a cold-blooded killer, no wonder Leonardo doesn't return your feelings."

"Shut up." I mumbled. 

He smirked again "What?" 

I looked up, eyes ablaze, and threw my tessen and a second potion. "I said SHUT UP!" I yelled just as both the potion and  tessen hit Nightmare. If I could only free Kylee now...

Nightmare looked down at my tessen that stuck out of his ribcage and cocked an eyebrow at me, pulling the metal fan out and tossing it around. "Tell me, was that supposed to hurt?" I'm frozen. My potion didn't work...it didn't even phase him. "Like I was saying. You Halliwell's are such a disappointment." Nightmare pulls the tessen apart and the thin metal blades fall to the ground with a clatter. "Meat. I'm bored of this. We're leaving." he commanded and Kylee, my imprisoned sister drops the knife that had been so close to Morgan's neck and follows.... The two are gone in an instant, disappeared into a cloud of shadow off the roof. Morgan and I just stand there, paralyzed into place and bruised.