39- The Struggle For Balance (Caitlyn)

Chaos. That's what filled the city now and for who knows how long. Chaos has filled my life in so many ways. First Becca dies, and then Kylee might as well be on death road with being under Nightmare's control. I glared at the city below me, feeling disgust and despair rise through me. "I'm gonna kill that demon the second I get the chance, if it's the last thing I do..." I vowed lowly.

It's funny how life changes a person in the smallest of ways sometimes. How a person can be so innocent, and then in a split second they can snap... sometimes kill.

"Caitlyn, we should go. Nothings happening here." Leo said calmly, carefully. He along with everyone else, including my sister, have been treading lightly around me lately as though I'll break, like I'm made of glass.  It almost made me laugh.

"You go, then." I retorted, not even sparing him a glance. I sensed a presence behind us, and turned around.  Leo had a katana unsheathed in the same motion. Five Foot ninjas stood there, three with a distinct difference. The first one, on the left, held a fire ball. The middle one had an energy ball. Finally the third one on the far right held in their hands a crossbow. Guess grandfather has some connection to the Underworld. I thought.  Surprise, surprise... Leo came over to me, now both katanas drawn to fight, but I, instead, took out my tessen and an athame. "Don't hold back now!" I called sweetly to them. My eyes had long ago dilated and I charged, not giving the enemy a chance to do so first.

Blood soon covered my weapons, and the demons were ash. I looked to the two ninjas and walked over to the one. He was bleeding greatly. I brought the athame to his neck, and swiftly decapitated him.

"Caitlyn!" Leo yelled, shocked.

"It's the enemy, Leo, don’t act like you would’ve done any different. We can't let them escape." I said dully, carelessly. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the other ninja limping away. Can't have that now. They'll give away our information. I thought and threw my athame right through their throat. I walked over calmly, unceremoniously ripped the atheme out, and proceeded to clean the blood off.

When did I become demented like this? When had it changed? I'll tell you when. It happened when that bastard Nightmare murdered my sister! Screw the destiny we still have! The Power of Four and forever more. I scoffed, putting the athame back in its sheath. Forever more... Like hell. Our families meant to die out and that's our only destiny... But hey let's have fun while our days are numbered huh.

Flashback - four nights ago

The Foot are coming. They surrounded us. L-Leo can't take them all, can he?! We're gonna die! I-I can’t, not after Becca...Morgan and Kylee need me! I’m NOT dying!!

I felt my eyes dilate... and then... Nothing. I saw black and when my vision returned all the Foot were dead... and I was covered in blood.  Their blood. The sticky red substance slid down my face, matted my hair down, covered my hands, arms, and weapons. What was happening to me!?

Present

Rage is what had consumed me. Rage and grief. I jumped from roof to roof, knowing that Leo was following.  I knew he had a dozen and a half of things to say to me, but I think he also was aware that I wouldn’t listen to him anyway.  The days of meek, timid Caitlyn were over.  I was fully capable of taking care of myself, and my remaining two sisters.

During my run, I vanquished some... eight or so... demons, which was odd, even if the Shredder had ties to the Underworld. I took out my crystal and map, starting to scry for demonic activity. As I waited for the crystal to drop, I thought back to something Grams had told us years ago after Prue died.

Age 10

"Grams, who's this?" Morgan asked, dropping back down onto her flat feet after reaching up to grab a photograph.  She was pointing to a black-haired woman between great aunt Phoebe and Grams.

Grams sighed. "That was your great aunt Prue. She was my older sister... You have her powers, Rebecca." She explained, looking at Becca with sadness in her eyes.  My older sister flushed, averting her own eyes because she didn’t know what to say.

I spoke up "What do you mean 'was' Grams? Where is she?" I asked.

Grams smiled sadly. "She died. The Source of all evil in my younger days sent his personal assassin, Shax, killed her. I didn't handle it well before we met your great aunt Paige. Killed a lot of demons, hunting them, before I even fully accepted her as my sister, too." Her eyes were lost to a part of her distant past, and my sisters and I crowded around the picture curiously.

"Oh..." I looked down, saddened by that.

Now

My cell phone was ringing, bringing me back to reality, just in time for the crystal to drop. I answered as I put my scrying things away. "Hello?"

"Caitlyn, lair meeting as soon as possible." Morgan’s voice greeted me.

I growled inwardly. "Mo, it's the middle of the night-"

"Now, Kit Kat, trust me. We'll see you there." Morgan said and hung up. I sighed angrily, gathered up my things, and ran to the lair.

The second the two of us, Leo and I, got in I saw Raph and Donny. I'm not exactly sure why, but the minute I saw the genius turtle I calmed down and my eyes went back to normal. This, too, had become the habitual meet-up routine. Now why's that...? Leo makes me want to fight, but Donny pacifies the anger within me...

Interesting...

><><><

Ta-daaa!! That wasn't SO bad, was it?  Thanks for the support guys, keep it coming!! We really appreciate it ^_^"