Chapter 48

The rubbish seating past my feet, as the cars raced past. Sal rested his warm hand on my cold spine, awaiting my response.
"It's just...." I began.
"What is it, Rach?" Sal asked me softly.
"It's Q.." I spat out.
"What's wrong!? Has he done something?" Sal asked.
"No no... it's just he doesn't want to be friends. He thinks it would be too wired" I admitted, looking down to the ground.
"I don't see why... Sure we went through some awkwardness but that doesn't mean you can't be friends" Sal told me.
"I know" I sighed.
"Me and Q somehow managed to get through it. Trust me- it won't be easy- but you'll get through it" Sal sympathised.

Meanwhile, Q sat silently at the table with Murr and Joe. They both stared at him, as if they were awaiting his response to a question he never asked. Q looked up sheepishly at the two of them, as a confused expression planted across his face.
"What?" He asked.
"Rachel??" Murr said, not so subtly.
"What about her??" Q asked.
"Are you friends... are you mad at each other??" Joe questioned.
"I've told her when Sal isn't around, w aren't friends" Q explained, the words hurting him, but he fought hard not to show it.
"Why not?? I'm sure Sal wouldn't care" Murr pointed out.
"Well I do!" Q snapped. "Sal has been my best friend since high school and I'm not gonna be 'that guy' who he has to be weary of when I'm around Rachel!" Q shouted.
"You do realise Sal doesn't see you that way?? If anything he blames himself~" Murr began until Joe interrupted.
"It's in the past. You need to get over it and say sorry and be friends. If anything- wouldn't Sal be mad your making her upset??" Joe said in realisation.
"I suppose" Q muttered.
"Then make up with her!" Murr said. Q went to the counter and grabbed something and wrapped it up in tissue. Murr and Joe looked over at him with a confused expression as they watched him walk out.

Q saw me and Sal sat on the kerb as he walked closer. Sal looked over at Q and saw him mouth
"Can I talk to her on my own?"
Sal nodded and placed a kiss on my forehead as he walked back into cafe.

I sat on the kerb with my head in my hands, when I saw somebody sit beside me. It was Q. He looked across the distance, and I could tell he was working out what to say.
"Hi" I softly spoke.
"Hello" he replied. We both laughed at the awkwardness.
"I need to apologise" Q said.
"For what? It was my fault" I said sadly.
"No it wasn't... it was mine. But why focus on the past when we have the future ahead of us?" Q said.
"That sounds like something Joe would say" I said with a laugh.
"He did- I thought I could pull it off as my own" he said with a giggle. He nudged my arm as I began to laugh. I slowly looked up into his brown eyes, reminding myself of all the hurt I caused him.
"I'm sorry" I repeated.
"Look.. I have a cookie" Q began as he unraveled it from the tissue. He split it in half and hovered it by my mouth.
"You can only have it if you never apologise to me? Deal??" Q said. I smiled with a laughed of relief and grabbed the half of the cookie. He placed his arm around me as we finally patched everything up.

(A/N: sorry for the lack of updates recently!!!)