Chapter 32

'What was happening?? I'm in love with Sal but I was on the verge of a kiss with Q?! I didn't even fancy Q.... did I?' I thought as I processed everything.

"Rach, do you have anymore boxes?" I heard Q shout from upstairs.
"Y-yeah, they're down here" I replied. Within seconds, he came running down stairs with full boxes in his hand.
"Where's the empty boxes?" Q asked me.
"They're here" I said holding a few up. "Could we have a chat first?" I asked.
"About what?" Q asked, knowing full well what I was referring to. I sat down on the sofa, and Q followed behind.
"About earlier.." I began.
"Look we were caught up in the moment. Nothing happened- which is good. Your with Sal and he loves you, and he's my best friend" Q explained.
"But it feels weird. I feel guilty for some reason... like I've betrayed Sal" I told him.
"But you haven't. I did have a mini crush on you but as soon as Sal told me he liked you I didn't act on it" Q told me. "Okay? So are we cool?" He asked.
"Sure" I lied.

As soon as we finished packing, I decided to head give to Sals place.
I needed to sort everything out with him, and I wanted to be honest about my feelings. I didn't fancy Q- at all- but somehow I had some mixed feelings earlier. I really want me and Sal to work, therefore I had to be honest. There was no point in lying- especially if there's nothing worth lying for.

I made my way over to Sals place and carefully knocked the door. I glanced at the window and saw him sat there. I knocked again. Suddenly he jolted up and ran to the door.
"Oh... hi" he said in a sleepy tone. Now I realise he was probably asleep.
"I'm so sorry for waking you" I said. "I can come back later".
"No it's fine" he said as he placed his warm hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked.
"Not really" I replied.
"Is this about earlier? I'm sorry" Sal said.
"Can we talk?" I asked.

He led me into his house into the kitchen. He began boiling the kettle as as he sat in the chair opposite me.
"What's wrong? I'm sorry if I made you upset~" Sal began.
"No it's fine. Trust me... I'm debating wether to go now...." I said.
"Why? You have to. I love you and I want you to do this" Sal told me.
"Sal... me and Q- we almost kissed" I blurted out.
"What?" Sal asked.
"We didn't. I promise you we didn't actually kiss. It was like we were on the verge of it. I just.... I don't know. I wanted to tell you because we need to be totally truthful with each other and I'm so sorry and... I've just made a mess of everything". I couldn't bare it, I just burst out into tears. "This whole thing with you and London... it's too much" I said. Sal rushed over and sat beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and planted a kiss on my forehead.
"You haven't made a mess of anything" Sal told me.
"Yes I have. How can you trust me now??" I asked.
"Rachel, I trust you even more now. Because you told me. Most people would keep it to themselves, but you told me which makes me realise how much I can trust you" Sal replied.

I glanced down at my phone and saw I had a text from Kendall. It was about him helping me pack.
"I gotta go, maybe we could talk properly over dinner??" I suggested to make amends.
"Of course" he replied as he gently kissed my lips.

An hour or so after I left, Sal grabbed his green jacket and stormed out of his house. Sal soon stormed over to Q's house....