Chapter 14

I got changed and met up with Sal who was patiently waiting in the car.
"Ready?" Sal asked.
"Yep" I replied with a smile.
Sal opened the car door for me and gave me a smile as I sat in the passengers seat. The radio was quietly playing, but our conversation soon filled the air.

*****
We arrived at a town. There was beach, a few shops, and a few cafes.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"This is the place where I practically grew up. My family own a business here" Sal said wth a smile.
"That's cool. Why aren't you part of the business?" I asked.
"When I was 21, like every other family member, my parents give you the chance to work there, and work your way up. However, thats when me and the guys begun comedy. So I said no. But I have a little investment in the business and I always help my parents pay for it" Sal explained.
"That's nice of you. Whats the business?" I asked.
"A restaurant. It's around here somewhere" Sal answered.
"Can we go?" I asked. Sal smiled at me.
"Sure" Sal replied with another warm smile.

We walked through the vintage town searching for the restaurant. Sal came to a sudden stop outside of a restaurant, which I presumed was his family's. Sal wore an anxious look on his face.
"Maybe we should come back some other time" Sal nervously said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Its just... they can be quite overwhelming. They will make jokes about you being my girlfriend and stuff like that" Sal said with a weary look on his face. I could tell he either didn't want me to meet them, or he was stressing over nothing.
"It'll be fine" I reassured him as I begun to walk in. He soon caught up behind me and led me up to the counter where his mom was.
"Hey mom" Sal said. Her eyes it up as soon as she saw Sal. She ran around to the front of the counter to give him a hug.
"Sal!!!" She squealed with excitement. "And who's this?" She asked looking at me.
"I'm Rachel" I answered.
"Sal's girlfriend?" She asked, hopefully. Sal turned to me and gave me the 'I told you so' look.
"No ma, shes my friend?" Sal said, looking to me and seeing if I agreed.
"Best friends?" I said with a smile.
"Yep.... best friends" Sal said smiling at his mother.
"Okay... well can I get you kids anything?" His mom asked.
"Some coffees please" Sal said as we walked over to a small circular table