Chapter 21

During breakfast Sal and his father talked through everything together. They both apologised and luckily forgave each other.

"I suppose we should be off" Sal said. "I'm sure the other guys will be wondering where we are" he adds with a laugh.
"It's been lovely to see you son" his mother said as she gave him a hug. "And it's been wonderful meeting you" his mother said to me as she gave me a warm hug.
"Thank you for letting us stay" I replied.
"You should visit again" his father said to Sal.
"Thanks Dad" Sal replied.
"It's been great meeting you.... and make sure you send this off" his father said to me as he handed me the form, folded up so Sal couldn't see it.
"I will, I promise" I said as I threw my arms around him.
"Thank you" sals father replied.

As we walked out of the house, Sal kept glancing at me, attempting to figure out what the letter was.
"What, um..  what was that piece of paper?" Sal asked.
"It was nothing" I said.
"It sure didn't look like nothing" Sal said. I turned to him with a smile.
"It's nothing" I warmly repeated. Sal nodded his head, not believing me.

'I didn't want to tell Sal if it was a fuss over nothing. I was certain I wouldn't be accepted so I didn't bother telling him'

****
Late that afternoon, we arrived back at the beach house. A majority of people were already sat around the beach talking. Kelly and Q spotted me and Sal walking towards them. Kelly got up and ran towards Sal, practically jumping onto him. She wrapped her arms around him and have him a kiss...again.
"Where have you been Babe?? I've missed you!" She said. I weakly smiled at them and walked off, soon to be met by Q walking up to me.
"Don't you ever do that again!" Q kindly shouted at me.
"Do what?" I asked him, as I saw the worry in his brown eyes.
"Leave and not say anything. I've been worried about you!! I stayed up all night. You didn't even call me Rach" he said. Now I felt bad...
"I'm sorry Q, I lost track of time" I said to him.
"At least your back now....hug?" Q said. I nodded as I have him a warm hug.
"C'mon, lets go inside" Q said as he led me in. I briefly turned around to see Sal and Kelly, and that's the exact same reason why I didn't kiss him.

I went into my room, which was opposite Kelly's. I heard her coming up the stairs and I heard Sal near her. With that, I sealed the envelope to send off my manuscript and application letter. I quickly sneaked out to post my letter.

Meanwhile, Kelly ran into her room. Sal presumed I was in mine. Sal stood in between the two doors for a second to think. However Q soon gave him a scare when he popped up behind him.
"Oh hey bud" Sal said to him.
"Look Sal, I don't usually get involved with your love life, but stop this now!" Q said.
"Stop what?" Sal asked.
"Hurting Rachel like this. I presume you both had a lovely day yesterday and as soon as you come back, your all over Kelly again. It's mean and selfish" Q said.
"But I don't know what to do!" Sal argued.
"You need to chose which one you love... and quick" Q said as he stormed off.

Sal stood there between the two doors. Kelly's on the right, mine on the left. He contemplated which door to choose. After a while of thinking he chose a door...
...he chose the door on the right....