Chapter 17

He leaned in closer...

"We should.. uh... go" I said, as I pushed him away from me. I begun to walk very fast away from him, not daring to look behind.
"Rachel!" Sal shouted. "I'm sorry" he shouted as he ran towards me. He grabbed my arm to turn me around.
"What!" I said as I was face to face with him.
"I'm sorry... I-I thought there was a moment between us" Sal admitted.

'I felt the same. I wanted to kiss him, I really did.... but he kissed Kelly too. And he told me that didn't mean anything to him- so how do I know if I don't mean anything to him now?!' I thought.

"I did too, but~" I began.
"But what?" Sal asked.
"You kisses Kelly" I begun, with Sal rolling his eyes.
"That didn't mean anything to me!" Sal argued.
"Exactly... so what if I don't mean anything to you as well?" I asked.
"But you do... me and Kelly... it was a mistake. But with you.." Sal started.
"But with me what?" I asked.
"Rachel.... I think I'm falling for you" Sal admitted.
"How?! We don't even know each other" I shouted in disbelief.
"Yes we do!" Sal shouted. I shook my head. "Then let's get to know each other" Sal suggested.
"What?!" I asked.
"My favourite cake is red Velvet, I used to have a fish... but you already know that..." he begun.
"Not silly stuff. Personal stuff. We don't know each other well enough" I asked.
"Personal stuff?" Sal muttered as he thought. I began to walk off again, but he soon caught up and held onto my hand, but I looked down to the ground.
"Okay... my father doesn't talk to me anymore because I left the family business, and ever since he kinda disowned me" Sal explained.

'Now I feel bad...'

I looked up into his eyes.
"I'm sorry for that. That's... terrible" I said softly. 
"Look Rachel... me and Kelly mean nothing at all. Her and John are sorting out their relationship and I'd love to go out with you, but I'm happy to stay just friends at the moment, if that's what you want" Sal said.
I gave him a little kiss on the cheek then began to walk away, with him following closely behind.