Chapter 6

"We weren't disturbing anything were we?" Joe asked, glancing at Bessy as the birth smirked.
"No.. actually I was just going" I said as I walked past them.

As soon as I closed the door behind me, Joe and Bessy sat down opposite Sal.
"So what's up between you and the new girl?"joe asked Sal.
"Her name is Emily... and nothing. We are just friends" Sal said defensively. Sal lowered his head to hide his cheeks from blushing.
"Hey, if you like her go for it!" Joe encouraged.
"But how? What if she doesn't feel the same?" Sal asked in desperation.
"I say just ask her. Who knows? It might be the best chance you've ever taken!" Bessy encouraged.

With those points clear in his mind, Sal charged up to the door with all the confidence to ask me out... that was until Murr got in his way.
"SAL!!" Murr shouted.
"What is it bud?" Sal asked. "Can it wait?"
"It cannot wait" Murr replied. Sal hugged and allowed Murr to continue with his story. "We are playing truth or dare, and they told me that the girl I fancied in the park during the challenge liked me!" Murr shouted.
"Congrats!" Sal replied as he tried to push past, but Murr glided in front of him to block his path. "What now??" Murr asked.
"But you told the girl I said no" Murr quizzed. "How dare you?!" Murr shouted in outrage.
"Look, I saw her hug some guy who I presumed was her boyfriend!" Sal justified.
"We could have been soulmates!" Murr sulked.
"Look, I really need to speak to Rachel.." Sal said as he pushed Murr out of the way.

However, revenge was playing on Murr's mind. His eyes darted towards the kitchen as he saw me walk past, so he took his opportunity.
"Hey Rachel!" Murr said.
"Hey Murr" I shyly replied.
"So... how are you and Sal doing?" He asked.
"We're just friends" I said. Murr laughed.
"Obviously! He's had a thing for our friend, Kelly, for years! Nothing will stand in their way. They're... soulmates!" Murr lied. "But she's dating John, and Sal is trying to make her jealous. He'd probably date anyone to make her jealous" he added. Little did I know he was lying to get revenge.

I slumped down onto the stool. I was feeling heartbroken knowing that Sal never did fancy me... and I was just hoping he did. 
"Hey Rachel" I heard Sal say as he sat beside me with a smile.
"Hi" I quietly said.
"I've loved getting to know you recently. And I've started to really like you... so... would you like to go on a date sometime?" Sal asked.
"Nope" I simply replied, remembering everything Murr said.
"Why not?" Sal asked.
"Because I know you like Kelly... and I can't believe you've been using me all this time" I sulked as I stormed off away from him.
"Kelly?" Sal muttered, not understanding what i was talking about.