Part 30

I walked out of the fort toward the kitchen area and saw all of the boys huddled around whispering. I walked up to the bar and they stopped.

Lindsey: Hey guys. What were you talking about?

Zayn: Nothing... (he looked at the guys and nodded)

Louis: We just thought you looked different today.

Lindsey: Different?

Liam: In a good way. Like you did something that made you look different.

Harry: Like maybe you decided to try a different form of headgear today?

Lindsey: Oh my word, Zayn. Why would you tell them to tell me I look good? (I playfully grabbed a hand towel and threw it at him)

Zayn: Because! (he caught it and threw it back at me) You look good in it!

Lindsey: Y’all have all gone crazy, you know that? I simply wore this because it was the only way Zayn would leave the house with me. And now I have hat hair so I can’t take it off.

Liam: Did you say y’all? (I covered my mouth)

Lindsey: Dang it! I guess my southern twang is slipping out more than I expected.

Liam: Why did you try to hide it in the first place?

Lindsey: I know this sounds stupid, but I just wanted to seem less southern.

Louis: You could never be stupid, Lindsey!

Lindsey: Thanks, Louis.

Harry: But why would you not want to be southern?

Lindsey: Well, in America you can tell where people live by their accents and things they say. I don’t really have a strong southern accent, but I was just trying to take out my entire southern lingo so I would seem less, touristy, I guess? It made sense when I made the decision at least.

Zayn: But why not just be yourself?

Lindsey: I guess I just wanted people to like me here, you know? I’d really like to live here one day. I don’t need people thinking I can’t fit in.

Louis: But you should want people to like you for you, Lindsey!

Lindsey: All I did was take out some of my old catchphrases...

Liam: But I bet their cool!

Lindsey: There’s really not that many. I mean there’s y’all, tore up, go ham, just silly stuff like that. Y’all is just one that’s harder to break.

Zayn: Well, I guess it’s up to you, but we don’t mind if you say it, now that we know what it means of course. (he smiled)

Lindsey: Why, thank you. Now, how about we start dinner? Are you ready, Zayn?

Zayn: I guess so.

The boys all hung out in the living room while Zayn and I made dinner. He really wasn’t that bad. I just gave him the macaroni n’ cheese and told him to go forth and conquer. He made it fine. I had to let him know to mix it up a couple of times but overall he did a great job. I put everyone’s food on plates and put Niall’s and mine on a tray. The guys all came up and sat at the bar and started eating.

Harry: This is incredible! Especially the macaroni!

Lindsey: That was all Zayn.

Liam: Zayn made this?

Louis: Good job Zayn!

Harry: It’s really good!

Zayn: Lindsey told me when to stir it—