Part 5

Niall walked up the stairs and went into Danny’s room. Danny was now laying upside down in the bed on top of the comforter. Niall was about to wake him up when he noticed the cheese toast and bacon on his nightstand. He sat on the bed and started to eat. After he was about halfway through with the plate, he shook Danny to wake him up.

Niall: Danny, c’mon mate, get up! It’s nearly 2!

Danny: What? Oh, I must’ve just stayed up late watching tv or something.

Niall: I guess you’re not aware of what has happened under your roof today? (Danny sat up and looked at the food)

Danny: You brought me food? Thanks, man!

Niall: Actually Lindsey made it.

Danny: Well, I’ll have to thank her when I go downstairs.

Niall: Oh, she’ll be out for a while.

Danny: She went shopping? With who? You know she doesn’t know the city, Niall.

Niall: No, I mean she’s sleeping.

Danny: Oh, so you didn’t get to meet her yet? I’m telling you lad, she’s definitely your type.

Niall: Danny, I did get to meet her!

Danny: I'm confused.

Niall: I mean I met her after Larinda punched her in the face!

Danny: What?

Niall: Well, if you could wake up at a decent hour, you might have noticed Larinda had broken into your house and was after Lindsey.

Danny: What?! Poor thing!

Niall: Poor thing is right. This is already getting out of control! I mean, what would have happened if I weren’t here? Lindsey would still be on the floor.

Danny: Is she okay?

Niall: She’ll be fine. I gave her some pretty strong medication to knock her out. I could tell the pain was getting to her.

Danny: And Larinda?

Niall: She gets off, just like she always does. I’ll help Lindsey think of something to say to the congregation about what happened.

Danny: But you can’t say Larinda—

Niall: Duh, Danny. But she’s going to have to explain her black eye at some point so people aren’t worried about her. Even though they probably need to be.

Danny: Well, it looks like you came just in time to be her knight in shining armor.

Niall: I don’t know if I’d say that. It was kind of my fault Larinda punched her.  

Danny: How was it your fault?

Niall: I think Lindsey was kicking her out and then I showed up, so Larinda called her a hypocritical whore and then punched her.

Danny: Geez. I hope she doesn’t remember her saying that. I feel like Lindsey would take that personally.

Niall: Yeah, I could see that too, even though she shouldn’t. Why does Larinda ruin everything?!

Danny: It could be worse. She still could be obsessed with me. (Niall glared at him) Too soon?

Niall: I think it will always be too soon. If it weren’t for you being nice, I would never have to deal with this problem.

Danny: You’re right. I’m so sorry, Niall. I wish it would've happened differently.

Niall: It’s fine. It’s no one’s fault but Larinda’s I suppose. How about we go get some Nando’s takeout and bring it back before she wakes up?