Part 22

My face was glued to the television screen. I can't believe there are actually people out there who hate me enough to wish I was dead.

Niall: Lindsey, I’m sure that’s not true.

Harry: He’s right! I mean look at twitter– people love you! I’ve only gotten good responses from the tweet I said about you earlier.

Zayn: Yeah, mine too.

Louis: And me!

Liam: Mine as well. They all say that people who love us love you, and they don’t even know you Lindsey.

Louis: Exactly. I loved you before I actually met you and now I love you even more!

Harry: You’re just so wonderful, love, we don’t want you thinking you’re not.

Lindsey: I guess I’m just one of those people who care about what other’s think.

Harry: Hey, (he came over and kneeled down in front of me and took my free hand into his) I’m like that too. I used to worry about what people thought of me all the time, but now I’ve learned that some people are just too mean to give you a chance, and you can’t dwell on them. You have so many people who love you. Why waist your time thinking about the people’s opinions who don’t matter?

Lindsey: I’ve never thought of it like that. Thank you, Harry. I’ll try to not think about it.

Harry: No problem, love. And I’m not even saying not to think about it, just don’t let them get to you. You’re a great girl, and everyone in this room thinks it. So don’t worry. No one’s opinion is changing because of Larinda.

Louis: (he ran over with my cell phone) Here! I bet everyone is tweeting you nice things like we said.

Lindsey: Um…

I looked at my phone. I saw my twitter app and I was too afraid to open it.

Zayn: What’s the matter babe?

Lindsey: I know this sounds crazy, but I haven’t checked twitter since Niall and I were in the paper after our date. I’m kind of scared of what people are going to say to me. I guess I just don’t want Larinda clones to be attacking me through my phone. (I gave a nervous laugh)

Niall: Babe, no one is as messed up as Larinda. You know that. And you don’t have to check it if you don’t want to. Of course, there may be some people who are worried about you. Might want to let them know you’re okay maybe?

Lindsey: You’re right. This isn’t a big deal. I’ll get on tomorrow and read all of them. But I am so tired. If you’ll excuse me.

I stood up and Zayn didn’t miss a beat. He stood up and scooped me into his arms.

Zayn: I think you’ve gone crazy.

Lindsey: I promise I just forgot this time.

Zayn: Oh sure, sure. Whatever you say, Lindsey.

He took me to my room and sat me on the bed. I actually had a room to myself here, which is really nice. The bed was so soft, but I needed to shower. I looked towards the bathroom and I guess Zayn caught me looking for it.

Zayn: There’s a nice bathtub in there. If that’s what you’re looking for.

Lindsey: I just feel so gross I need to wash off. (I laughed) I’ll take anything at this point.

Zayn: Then I’ll leave you to bathe and we’ll be back soon to tuck you in.

Lindsey: I feel like I’m 12 again. Oh wait, no one will let me walk. Um, a toddler, I guess?