Part 17

I felt like an idiot for crying in front of all of them. Danny handed me his hankercheif.

Lindsey: Guys, I’m so sorry. (they all looked at me)

Harry: Why are you sorry, Lindsey?

Louis: We’re the ones who should be sorry.

Zayn: He’s right.

Liam: Yeah, if we wouldn’t have been out rehearsing, we could’ve protected you. (I was trying to dry up my tears)

Lindsey: No, really, it’s okay.

Danny: Lindsey, your life was in more danger than it ever has been before. You even got seriously injured.

Lindsey: C’mon, it’s not that serious.

Niall: Guys, I think Lindsey needs to go to bed.

Harry: Sounds like a good idea.

Lindsey: Why do I need to sleep? I’m not tired yet. Besides, the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, and I don’t want to go. (he came to me and kissed the top of my head)

Niall: Sweetie, you need to go to the hospital to make sure your gash isn’t infected.

Lindsey: I wouldn’t really call it a gash. I’d say more scratch or cut. Oh my word! I missed John’s meeting!

Danny: I think he’ll be alright with you not being there. I doubt he ended up going anyway, with his daughter in custody and all.

Lindsey: Oh no, I bet he’ll ask me to leave the church!

Liam: I don’t think he’d do that.

Lindsey: I’m just going to feel guilty if he doesn’t. Maybe I should leave?

Danny: Oh, c’mon Lindsey.

Harry: Leave?

Liam: Really?

Louis: Why?

Zayn: Where would you go?

Niall: Love?

I could feel my tears coming. I looked at them all with a straight face holding everything in.

Lindsey: Goodnight, everyone.

I quickly walked off to the room Niall had put my stuff in. I  grabbed a pillow off one of the beds, took it to the closet and sat on the ground and started crying my eyes out. I was hoping they wouldn’t hear me in here with my face buried in the pillow. I finally calmed down a little and then heard a knock on the door.

Niall: Lindsey? May I come in?

Lindsey: Um, sure.

I really didn’t want him seeing me like this, but then I remembered he loved me. So he should love me at all times, right? Right. He came in, sat down and hugged me. He pulled away after a bit and looked down at the ground.

Lindsey: I'm sorry you had to see me like this.

Niall: Lindsey, you can’t be sorry. Nothing is the matter with you, okay? I love you. I love everything about you. From your laughing to your crying.

Lindsey: I love you too, Niall.

I wrapped my arms around him and cried a bit more.

Lindsey: Niall, I was so scared. Thank you for coming back for me. You always make me feel safe.

Niall: Lindsey, you have got to stop thanking me. (he pulled back and wiped my tears away)

Lindsey: I don’t think that’s ever going to happen. But do you think you could possibly change my bandage for me? I’m getting tired, now.