Part 11

I woke up to the alarm on my phone that I had set to make sure I got up. I guess Niall put his arm around me in the middle of the night because I was trapped. I slowly moved Niall’s arm off of my neck and started to sit up when his arm came alive and brought me into his chest.

Niall: Where do you think you’re going?

Lindsey: I was going to make you breakfast. Do you not want food? (he laughed)

Niall: No, I do. But if you get up, I’ll be cold.

Lindsey: But I need to get up for church.

Niall: Five more minutes? Please?

Lindsey: 5 minutes.

Niall: Thank you.

I let myself sink into Niall’s chest and he started playing with my hair again. His body was so warm. I didn’t really want to leave either, but I needed to make breakfast and get ready. I started to sit up and Niall let me, sitting up as well.

Niall: You really have to go today?

Lindsey: Yes, Niall. I love children. I’m really excited about it!

Niall: Well, I don’t want to stop you from having fun.

He looked at me and then touched the side of my face, reminding me that I still have a black eye. I didn’t need to show this off at the church today.

Lindsey: I better fix this before I go.

Niall: Why? I think it’s a beautiful look on you.

Lindsey: I think you’re too tired to function right now.

Niall: I guess I get to play stylist again?

Lindsey: Only if you want to.

Niall: Of course I want to. (he started to get up)

Lindsey: No— (I pulled him back down so he was sitting again) Wait.

Niall: Yes?

Lindsey: I need to get ready before I make breakfast. So you go back to sleep, and I’ll bring your food to you.

Niall: Ok, but you really don’t have to go to all of that trouble—

Lindsey: Please. I’m happy to do it!

Niall: If you say so.

He kissed my nose and laid back down. I got up and crawled out of the fort. I took a shower and dried my hair, then went to the closet and put on some cute capris with a dressy blouse and some gladiator sandals. I went to the kitchen and made some chocolate chip pancakes. I keep wondering if they like all of this American food I’ve been making, but I guess they would have said something to me if they didn’t. I got the pancakes, put them on three plates and then put them onto a tray I found in a cabinet. I took the tray with food on it with the glasses of orange juice and took it into the fort. I put it in my spot and then I tapped Niall on the back.

Lindsey: Niall?

Niall: Oh, good morning love.

He pulled me down next to him as he kissed my forehead.

Niall: I missed you.

Lindsey: Oh, whatever. I was gone for maybe an hour.

Niall: I was so cold. I’m glad your back.

Lindsey: I came with breakfast!

Niall: Is that what smells so good? (he sat up) Danny! Danny, wake up! (Danny didn’t move) It’s hard to wake him up in the morning. He’s a late riser.