Part 9

Niall and Danny both ran into my room. They both jumped on my bed and pulled my comforter off of my head.

Lindsey: I am so sorry!

Niall: What’s wrong?

Danny: Why did you scream?

Lindsey: I really shouldn’t have freaked out.

I pointed at the window next to my bed, and then up to the ceiling. They looked at each other, and then Danny grabbed the phone by my bed.

Lindsey: Danny, don’t!

Danny: Don’t what?

Lindsey: Call the police!

Danny: She broke into my house!

Lindsey: No she didn’t! Look. (I went over and touched the window) It’s painted on the outside.

Danny: It’s still trespassing. (he started dialing)

Lindsey: (I leapt for the phone) Please, Danny. It won’t help anything.

Danny: Niall? What should we do?

Niall: I’m trying to think. First off, we’ll need to move Lindsey upstairs.

Lindsey: I don’t need to move. Let me go and talk to her. I’m sure she just—

Niall: No! That is not happening. Have you lost your mind?

Lindsey: Well, I did wake up with red paint on my windows. Maybe I have!

Niall: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to talk to you that way. But no, you can’t talk to her.

Lindsey: But you could go with me!

Niall: No. The only time you are going to see her is at church.

Lindsey: Niall—

Niall: Lindsey.

He looked at me sternly, and then his eyes became soft. He was being so protective. I mean, I liked this side of him, but on the other hand, all I wanted to do was talk to her. Why was that so bad?

Lindsey: Why can’t I go talk to her? Is this about what happened last time?

Danny: She knows?!

Niall: No, she doesn’t. I said I’d tell her later.

Lindsey: Now seems like a good time, if you ask me.

Niall: Okay. Danny, would you like to start?

Danny: Can do. All right, let’s gather round. (he was smiling and we all sat on my bed) Once upon a time there was a boy named Danny. A really innocent, naïve, Danny. And Danny had a crush on a girl named Larinda. Larinda also had a crush on Danny, so they went on a few dates, and got to know each other pretty well, and then Danny decided that he didn’t like Larinda anymore. But Larinda still liked Danny. So Larinda stalked Danny. She stalked him so much that she almost killed him and Niall while they were singing at the church last Christmas. Then, Larinda met Niall in the hospital when she came to apologize before she went to stay with all of her clones at juvie. Then, she forgot about Danny and decided that she liked Niall. So when she was released, she asked Niall on a date, but Niall didn’t like Larinda, especially since she almost killed him. But Niall was not naïve like Danny, but he is civil, and tries to be nice to Larinda, which doesn’t help the situation.

Niall: And now there is a new girl Lindsey who likes Niall and Niall likes Lindsey back. Larinda does not like this so she hates Lindsey because she is in her way. The End.

Lindsey: Oh my. What happened to you at Christmas?

Niall: She climbed into the top of the podium at church and tried to kill Danny by knocking the giant Christmas tree down while he was singing. I was singing with him so we both fell off the stage. Danny broke his arm and I cracked a few ribs.