Part 19

Niall: Come on, love! We need to get you back to the hotel so you can rest!

Lindsey: Okay, but I have to see Tessa first.

Danny: Right. Thank you for talking to her, Lindsey.

Lindsey: It’s not a problem.

Zayn came over and I got on his back.

Harry: Let’s be on our way, then.

Zayn: You feeling okay, Lindsey?

Lindsey: Yes, thank you for carrying me, Zayn.

Zayn: Anytime.

Danny: Here, this is her room.

Danny, Zayn, and Niall walked in with me to see Tessa. Niall helped me into a chair by her bed and then they left me alone with her. Her parents kissed Tessa’s head and left as well.

Tessa: So Danny told me she hurt you too?

Lindsey: Yes, she did. But not as bad as you.

Tessa: I heard on TV that she was trying to kill you though. That’s worse than me.

Lindsey: Tessa you didn’t deserve to be hit by a car.

Tessa: I’m sure you didn’t deserve to be killed, either!

Lindsey: I guess not. You’re right Tessa.

Tessa: Of course I am. Are you going to church tomorrow?

Lindsey: I don’t think so. The guys want me to stay in bed for the next few days.

Tessa: But you’ll come back, though, right?

Lindsey: I’m not sure, Tessa.

Tessa: But we all like you!

Lindsey: I’m not sure everyone does now. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Tessa: Okay. Fine. But here, I made you this!

Tessa handed me a piece of paper. In a bunch of different crayons she wrote “Get Well Soon.”

Lindsey: Thank you so much, Tessa! I love it!

Tessa: I made it yesterday after Danny told me what happened to your back.

Lindsey: I’ll find a place in my room to hang it up!

Tessa: It’s just a piece of paper with words on it…

Lindsey: But you made it for me! This has to be the best present I’ve ever gotten.

Tessa: You don’t have to lie, Lindsey.

Lindsey: I mean it, Tessa. Thank you so much!

Tessa: Whatever. Do you know if they are going to put Larinda in prison?

Lindsey: I don’t know much, yet. But I guess so. I told the Detective what you told me and he is going to look into it so she’ll get in trouble for hitting you with the car.

Tessa: Thank you, Lindsey. I’m sure he’ll help.

Lindsey: Yes. And if he needs to question you and you need me there with you, just give me a call.

Tessa: Okay, I will.

Tessa’s parents came in the room with a teddy bear for her. Zayn was with them. He was holding a large bouquet of sunflowers, I was assuming for Tessa as well, but he came over to me.

Zayn: Hey babe. These are for you.

Lindsey: Thank you so much Zayn.

Zayn: No problem. Let’s get you home, now, all right?