Chapter 16: The Black Cat

Y/N's POV

Me and the other first years are all in Professor Glynda's classroom, watching Jaune fight Yang which he's having a hard time fighting back due to his less battle skills.

Y/N: (At least he's got stronger......a bit.)

When Yang gave a final punch, Jaune was sent across the battle field with his aura depleted.

Glynda: And the match goes to Yang Xiao Long. Jaune Arc, your fighting skills are not very......skilled. So please keep training harder. We still have one more match before you all go. So who among you will volunteer?

I just sit on my place and rested my head on my palm and just look bluntly like I'm bored.

Blake: Can I volunteer Professor?

Glynda: Very well Miss Belladonna, and who among the others will you battle?

She looks around before pointing her finger at me.

Blake: I want to battle Y/N.

Hearing that, I quickly stand up and jumped as high, landing in front of Blake with my sword on my back and pistols on their holsters.

Bowing in front of her, I gave her a playful wink which she responded by looking away blushing a bit.

I'm doing this because I like her, okay? Oh yeah, I already have two girlfriends. But I don't care, they are okay with that.

Glynda: Okay students, go to your positions.

Me and Blake are now in the battle field across each other with her weapon ready while me just standing. I could hear some other students gossip about something.

Student 1: Why is he just standing there like he doesn't care at all?

Student 2: Dude, didn't you saw what he did in the initiation weeks ago?!

Student 3: Yeah, he just like lazily slaughter all of them with his dragon.

Student 4: He even has wings just like those-.

Student 1: Okay, okay! I get it, let's just watch the fight.

Glynda: Fighters, are you ready?

I put my right foot behind while my hands are in my pocket and my body facing on the side as I look at Blake with a determined smile.

Glynda: Go!

Out of the blue, me and Blake are now in the center of the battle field with her katana and my sword clashing together. The other students look in awe and a bit shock on how fast we move.

Y/N: I guess, you're stronger for a cat.

Blake: Very funny, but I'll make sure I beat you.

Y/N: You can try.

We then jumped back then she started running towards me as I switched my sword with one of my pistols and started charging as well.

Jumping, my foot landed on Blakes blade and started shooting which she dodge by using her semblance.

Smart move.

I land on my feet and started teleporting around, confusing Blake then shot her on the back making her fall and her aura depleted to yellow.

She stand up and charge at me ready to slash me so I just stand there waiting for her attack but I didn't know is that, instead of hitting me with the blade, she instead kneel down and kicked my leg making me unbalanced.

I teleported back to my standing position and my aura is a bit yellowish. Putting my pistol back, I then took my sword and gesture Blake to attack which she started charging again.