Credence Barebone (Fantastic Beasts)

"Come on in, kid

"Come on in, kid." You'd has a peculiar habit of calling people kid since you were 12. He was older than you by a couple months, but you couldn't break the habit. His hesitant steps make a creaky pattern on your hardwood floor.

You turn to look at the boy, who is standing awkwardly in the middle of your room.

"Oh darling. Let me find you some clothes." You had noticed the suit he was wearing did not look comfortable. You knew you had some pajamas from the last time Newt had stayed over, so you ran to grab them.

"Here you go." You half-heartedly smile at the boy.

"Where, where do I c-change?" Credence stutters out, still not making eye contact with you.

"Oh you go to my room." You say as you begin walking towards the other corner of the apartment. You open the door and turn the light on, as he scurried in behind you. You change in the den, making sure he couldn't see you even if he left your room.

Credence steps out of your room, hand his perfectly folded suit over to you, which you lay on an armchair in front of you.

"Can we sleep on the same bed? I don't have a sofa..." you trail off half wishing you did have a sofa.

"It's alright." He makes an attempt at a smile and lays down in your bed. You lay beside him for at least 5 minutes before turning to face him completely.

You place your hand on his cheek lightly, scared to hurt the poor boy. To your surprise, he actually leans into your palm, most likely from lack of human contact.

You then lean forward carefully, placing a light kiss on his lips.

"Goodnight, kid."