Chapter 43

Throughout the process of dressing He Lian Chen, I was deeply pondering about whether I have been born in the wrong place, clearly of a princess identity, but why is that I always end up being the one serving others? Although I have been a rice bug in the palace for over ten years, but the matters that have been happening as of recent, truly baffles me. Ai~, when will these days come to an end.

He Lian Chen glances at me after getting dressed, neatening his sleeves as he says: "Xiao Lan Zi, listen to zhen well, from now on, without zhen's permission, you are not to leave zhen's side, understand?"

I nod in response, "This servant understands."

He Lian Chen hooks up his lips into a smile, "Looks like you're very tactful."

Well if it isn't right? Should I not know to be tactful, then I'll be getting to know the immensity of the universe.

The palace maids outside makes a timely entrance to help He Lian Chen wash up, I - this extremely weak and small, little eunuch - thus withdraws to the side in waiting, after waiting for him to finish washing up, I then get ready to leave the doors, once again closely following behind, thoroughly carrying out my duties as an eunuch.

I also stand at the side when He Lian Chen has his meal, that long table filled with countless exquisite morning dishes, meat and veg - everything one expects - are all there. His body makes a bow as he takes a seat, holding the ivory chopsticks as he lightly points at various dishes, the eunuch beside him then nimbly place the chosen food onto a plate and then presents it to him.

I feel my stomach churn at the sight, look at that, such an attitude of a great master, really makes people feel ill. He sure knows to take bites of this, eat a bit of that, seemingly like he doesn't really have a good appetite, the one to suffer is I - this newly appointed little eunuch, nevermind the dizziness I'm feeling, I'm already unbelievably hungry. I inwardly sound a cold harrumph, wait until I leave this place, I will also have a table like this for my morning meal, discard one plate after one bite, thoroughly taking on the persona of the new rich.

On the other end, He Lian Chen wipes his mouth with the napkin, saying without even a turn of his head: "Have you eaten your morning meal yet?"

After a moment of pause, I finally realise he is asking me, hence I hold back my resentment in saying: "In response to your majesty, not yet." To hell did I eat, dragged out of bed early in the morning to work, where did I have the time to eat?

"Xiao Shun Zi, take him to have a meal." He Lian Chen says to the eunuch next to him, but directs the next sentence at me, "Don't be keeping an empty stomach next time."

I secretly purse my lips, "Yes, your majesty."

When eating, Xiao Shun Zi looks at me with slight arrogance, saying: "New here?"

I stuff a mantou into my mouth, "Yes."

He inspects his own nails, "How old ah?"

I eat a mouthful of congee, "Fifteen."

He then touches his own face, "Which eunuch brought you in ah?"

I eat a mouthful of cabbage, "Eunuch Qu."

He slightly widens his eyes, then rather warmly says: "So it's someone brought in by Eunuch Qu, evidently an intelligent one with one look." He brightly laughs, "Want to eat any more? Have more if it isn't enough."

"It's enough, thank you Eunuch Shun." I avoid his eyes as I feel troubled inside, in this day and age, all the eunuchs look like women, presume he wouldn't care how others look at him. En, is this the development of times, or the development of human nature?