Chapter 44

I don't know how long I was unconscious for, I only know that when I woke up, my originally groggy brain had become extremely clear, body and mind feeling unusually satisfied, with something called 'blissfulness' flowing in my blood.

I remember at a particular Spring Festival, the not yet famous Xiao Shen Yang wears a Scottish skirt and holds up the orchid hand gesture (middle finger and thumb pressed together, whilst the remaining three fingers sticks up), as he says to Uncle Ben Shan 'in all seriousness': "In fact ah, life is too short, is sometimes just the same, just the same as sleeping, the eyes closes, then opens, and a day has passed, hang~~~~ the eyes closes, doesn't open again, and your life has passed, hang~~~~" (A/N: please read hang in fourth tone – hàng) (From the 2009 comedy skit, for those of you that understand Chinese, this line is made around the 12:00 mark in this video )

Especially when sleeping takes up such a huge part in our life, although the times when you're awake is valuable, I personally feel that rather than feeling confused and empty when awake, it is better to get over matters with sweet sleep. Of course, you can call such thoughts of mine 'weak avoidance'.

There is more than enough people that aren't weak in this world, so why should I also take part?

I take a good moment to go through my thoughts before preparing to open my eyes, but in the same moment I open my eyes, the originally quiet room follows in sounding a clear ringing noise.

"Ka-la." balabalabala......

Dark clouds casts over half my face, who is this ah, to so blatantly bite an apple in my area?

"-ka-la-!" The one sitting on the chair, swinging both legs - He Xing Yan - once again solidly bites into the apple, sounding "balabala" as he chews a few times, throat making a gulp as he swallows it down, then cheerfully grins at me, saying: "Ah-Lan, you're finally awake ah." Having said that, he once again sounds "ka-la" as he takes another bite.

I look at the brat eating an apple in a bad mood, it's fine for you to eat an apple, but can you not eat with more manners? I take a deep breath in hopes to calm myself as I say: "How come you have the time to come see me, Ninth Prince?"

"Ah-Lan, these words of yours sure were spoken with aloofness, if it isn't because I'm worried about you, after hearing you were knocked unconscious, you see, I even sat here waiting for you to wake up." He Xing Yan says plaintively, yet his mouth bites down on the apple with great familiarity.

I feign a smile, "If that isn't it? Ninth Price has been worried about me. Don't remember who turned around and forgot all about me that day? Ninth Prince and that sort of person are simply like cloud and mud."

He Xing Yan tosses the finished apple onto the plate, using a wet cloth to clean his hands as he feels wronged, saying: "I didn't want to either ah, but you also know my imperial brother, this person's temper. Had I stayed there, for all I know, we could have suffered together. I was thinking, at least if something happens to you, I can still help you think of a plan, no?"

I point at the forehead that had been wrapped into a angel's halo, coldly saying: "Where were you taking a leisurely break when I was knocked unconscious by your imperial brother then?"

"Eh." He pauses, then bitterly says: "I was copying {{Retreat Scheme}}......"

"You still haven't finished copying it? How long has it been already?" I say in a tone that puts him down as useless.

Hearing this, He Xing Yan was triggered into jumping down from the chair, throwing lively gestures at me as he says: "How long? Do you know how thick {{Retreat Scheme}} is? At least, at least this thick!" He measures out half the size of an index finger to me, "Imperial Brother told me to copy it fifteen times! Not even allowing me get someone else to copy it in my place!"