Chapter 70

Ling Miao Er says she had only arrived here a few days ago, in order to clearly investigate news of Sword Enthusiast. Sword Enthusiast is the leader of 'Mén', in terms of his position and mightiness, needless to say, he is the biggest contributor to Yun Mi. Ling Miao Er also said that Sword Enthusiast's character is extremely stubborn, should we have to convince him to return this time, it will definitely require a lot of efforts.

I'm a little puzzled, Yuwen Rui had come out for so long this time, could it be that he's not worried of other kingdoms causing trouble in Yun Mi whilst he's gone? Ling Miao Er tells me not worry with a smile, Yuwen Rui had already thought of this, of course Yun Mi will not be short of a 'Yuwen Rui', just that this Yuwen Rui is not actually Yuwen Rui.

I cannot help but to sigh after hearing this, this is why there are always differences between different people, he - Yuwen Rui - has already prepared a substitute, whereas I only just thought of this now.

Whatever, it really is aggravating to compare people.

Yuwen Rui was in no hurry to find Sword Enthusiast, accompanying me to tour around the little city for a few days, amidst this, Ling Miao Er rarely showed up, but when she did, she would definitely bring back news for Yuwen Rui, sometimes many, sometimes little. Yuwen Rui doesn't really like to talk about these matters with me now, instead, he would always mindlessly talk about our future, peaceful, yet makes me anticipate it.

Such days went on for approximately a week, during this evening meal, Yuwen Rui tells me that he will be going out to find Sword Enthusiast with Ling Miao Er tomorrow, telling me to wait here for his return. I give him my promise, yet I feel a little anxious at heart. I tell myself that I need not be concerned, we have already stayed in Yun Ze for so long, days passing so peacefully, how could we not get pass this final day?

The next morning, Yuwen Rui and Ling Miao Er sets off to Xiao Chi Town.

Yuwen Rui is dressed in a moon-white long robe on his way out, making him look more sophisticated and handsome. His eyes appear to be sprinkled with the clean brightness of the moonlight, a touch of a light smile hooked onto his lips. He knocks his forehead against mine, softly saying to me: "Wait for me to return."

I also knock my forehead onto him, responding with a smile: "Alright."

I sit in the room, thinking over many things, from my disappearance at the beginning, to the changes in the palace and my capture, I seem to have been running around all along, but everything is coming to an end now. Yuwen Rui and I shall no longer be caught amongst the struggles between the three kingdoms, we will no longer care about who wins, who loses, we have agreed to grow a vineyard, spending our days bickering with one another.

As long as I wait for their return, everything will come to an end.

I wait from morning to afternoon, but after all the waiting, the one that comes isn't Yuwen Rui.

The person at the door has a tall and slender figure, a body of black brocade robes, lined with gold, making him appear noble and compelling, looking further up, a handsome face with red lips and pearl white teeth, shimmering light circulating in those long and narrow phoenix eyes, unintentionally revealing an arrogant demeanour, a peerlessly dandy gentleman.

I purse my lips, calculating the times, it has already been two or three months since Meng Shao Jue and I last met, when he appears, I don't find him unfamiliar at all, the figure in my mind very easily matching up with the person before me. He is still so charming and dashing as before, handsome face carrying a polite smile, the evil underlying his eyes almost unnoticeable. He walks up to the table and very naturally sits down, a captivating smile lights his face as he says: "Ah-Lan, long time no see."