Chapter 22

I've said before, I know the secrets within the palace, including his, hers, and also theirs.

Yuwen Xiu's secret seems extremely clean, neat and short in comparison to others, if it isn't just 'Yuwen Xiu is not Yuwen Xiu' these six words?

Yuwen Xiu before the age of seven loved to accompany my Imperial Sister in having fun the most, making my Imperial Sister cheerfully laugh, taking my Imperial Sister to tour around, it can be said that the relationship between them are built on a deeply run friendship formed in childhood. Hearing Imperial Sister say that at that time, Yuwen Xiu had even said such words like marrying her as his only wife, one can see just how sincere their relationship was.

I quietly wipe my sweat. At this age, children sure mature too fast.

Now speaking of Yuwen Xiu after the age of seven.

That year, Yuwen Xiu who had originally been frequenting the palace was suddenly said to have fallen critically ill, extremely worrying Second Uncle and Yuwen Xiu's mother. Father Emperor sent out the palace's best imperial physicians to see him, but everyone's answers upon returning were just the one: your majesty, Seventh Gentleman is in critical condition, but is also a condition unheard of, this subject has looked through many medical books to find nothing on it, please forgive this subject's incompetence.

Imperial Sister was of course extremely anxious, her little hands clenching onto Father Emperor's sleeve as she vigorously shakes it, "Father Emperor, I want to go see Seventh Brother, I want to go see Seventh Brother."

Father Emperor is also full of approval, "Alright alright alright, tomorrow you can come with me to see Xiu-er, tomorrow, tomorrow morning we shall go."

But the result was the few us dumbly staring at layer and layer of thick curtains, because as Second Uncle has very apologetically, very sadly said: "This illness of Xiu-er's had come so suddenly, we didn't pay much attention at first, but now several maids by his side have all caught the illness, your majesty, Princess, it is best for you all to keep a distance."

Since Second Uncle has already said this, what else can we do? Unfold our arms, a fruitless venture.

A whole party of people returns to the palace dejected, Imperial Sister was occupied with thoughts every day as she rests her chin in hand, asking me, "Ah-Lan, you think Seventh Brother is better yet, when will I be able to see him?"

I widen my eyes, looking right at her, a freshly made osmanthus cake stuffed in my mouth, "Ah?"

Imperial Sister casts me a glance, letting out a faint sigh, "Ai~, you don't understand, silly child."

I feel shocked, silly child, a five-year-old girl, my older twin sister, actually called me a 'silly child'?

Fine, I admit I am beyond this world.

Continuing with the topic, it is said that Yuwen Xiu was critically ill for a good few months, in the end, good news finally came, it is said that a divine physician amongst the commoners stepped up to treat him, and was said to be very clear and logical, extremely qualified. Second Uncle, with the belief that a dead horse can be cured like a living horse would, seizes this life-saving straw, unwilling to let go. That divine physician had also happily agreed, but the condition being to bring Yuwen Xiu up to the mountains to go through medical treatment, and that Second Uncle mustn't be surprised once he's been cured.

Second Uncle very decisively agreed right there and then, but half a year later, when he sees the Yuwen Xiu before him, who was so fat that his features have blurred, Second Uncle who had always been so strong and firm, cried.

Ai~, a pretty son sent out, only to take back a huge meatball half a year later, who wouldn't cry if they were in his shoes?

Ultimately speaking, Yuwen Xiu came back with a body healthier than ever, just that he turned into an invincible fatty. But being fat is not a problem, under Second Uncle and Yuwen Xiu's mother's hard work, Yuwen Xiu uses a year's time to slowly slim down before our eyes, and the five features from his young days became even more beautiful, even more lovable.