Chapter 6

I am deeply aware that, as a maid, a qualified maid, a qualified maid from the 21st century, I am obligated to starve myself as I go and accompany my master to eat.

When we arrive, someone was already sat at the side of the table, Ying Lu sounds an almost inaudible "heng", and chooses to sit at the other end of her. I dutifully stand by her side, looking straight ahead, observing the scene whilst at it.

Taking a look at the pair of beauties in front, black silky hair, a light sweep of willow-like brows, a pair of lowered almond eyes reflecting a slightly cold light, pink lips slightly curled up, only one look is needed, to know that's a cold and arrogant master. She does not pay any attention to Ying Lu either, quietly sipping her tea, behind her, San-er occasionally says something in her ear, and after hearing those little comments, one can see the look in her eyes slightly soften.

I am being very objective here, if I were to say Imperial Sister is an overwhelmingly beautiful and fragrant tree peony, stunningly beautiful, then the one before me appears to independently blooms amongst the frost (refers to the plum blossom), cold and quiet, making people want to pick it. Ying Lu on the other hand, clearly does not view the beauty in a positive light, one hand playing with the white porcelain spoon adorned with blue patterns, looking towards the door from time to time, not knowing what she is expecting.

Tut tut, this lass and the beauty - Young Lady [of extended family] - clearly doesn't get along.

Furthermore, looking at San-er by the beauty's side, short fringe covering her forehead, bright eyes slightly carrying a smile, really looks a bit like the innocent and cute female leads in Korean dramas. I don't like watching Korean dramas, using Beijing words, I just '不待见 / bù dài jiàn' (Beijing slang to express dislike/annoyance towards something), you can directly understand that as I don't like San-er, as for that Young Lady [of extended family], currently undetermined.

I have always been curious about the little uncle Ying Lu speaks of, I'm thinking that a little uncle that is able to infatuate such a young and blossoming girl, even if he is not of unrestrained yet elegant bearings, he should at least be gentle and culturally refined, this preconceived image has made me deeply feel, I am indeed superficial and bound by the norms.

When Ying Lu's little uncle and Young Master steps through the door at the same time, the first thing I felt was, wa~, this person is very 'Zhang Fei' ahh......en, very manly. (Zhang Fei – one of the famous figures from the three kingdoms period)

Brightly lit eyes and bearded face, a body filled with strength and energy, Young Master's slender body next to him is exactly what we call straight and slender like a bamboo ah.

Fifth Master (Little Uncle) take big strides towards the table and sits down, lightly speaking: "Ying Lu and Ru Xu are both here ah, serve the dishes then."

Young Master elegantly sits down, taking hold of the teacup as he ridicules: "How can they not be, when someone here cannot wait to see you."

Ying Lu fiercely glares at Young Master, not saying a word.

Fifth Master's cold and stern eyes suddenly softens, looking at Ying Lu as he warmly says: "I've found a good cook from Jiangnan, have a good taste and see if the dishes suit your appetite."

Ying Lu's eyes that were originally filled with annoyance instantly gives rise to happiness, the corners of her lips uncontrollably curling upwards, but still she insists on trying to cover up such joy, simply responding, "En."

Young Master glances at her with a seeming smiling, then with a sudden shift in his line of sight, he stares directly at me, eyes deeply black like an abyss.