Chapter 29

****Liam's POV****

I wanted to scream and run up behind him and hug him around his neck and just kiss him until breathing became an issue, but I couldn't...and I didn't. Jay looked at me and I bit my lip. I was trembling and crying quietly as I stared at the back of my love's head. A doctor in the room saw us and walked over with a small smile. 

"Hi," she whispered and I sniffled gently. 

"That's my fiance," I managed to whimper out and she had tears in her eyes as she gently hugged me. 

"I am so sorry," she mouthed as she looked up at Jay and I just continued to try not to scream and break down. I bit on my lip and glanced at Jay and he nodded gently. Jay gently started pushing me toward Niall and I chewed harder on my lip. When we got to him I looked up at Jay and he gently put a hand on Niall's shoulder. 

"Niall?" Jay asked, but Niall didn't respond. 

"It's me...Jay. Do you remember me?" he asked, but Niall didn't move and I let out an audible whimper. I almost asked Jay if we could leave, but I looked at Jay and he took a deep breath. 

"Are you sure?" he asked softly and I nodded gently, closing my eyes as Jay licked his lips. 

"Niall...do you remember...Liam?" he asked and Niall just sat there. I cried harder and shut my eyes, wanting to leave. I'd seen enough, I couldn't handle anymore of it. 

"How the fuck do you think I could ever forget Liam? Not even if I got my brain reprogrammed could I forget him," Niall growled and I felt my heart stop and Jay's eyes widened. The nurse in the room dropped her clipboard and ran out of the room. 

"Niall," I whimpered and I watched Niall's body freeze and he spun around and stared at me before he burst into painful cries. He jumped out of his chair and collapsed onto me and I cried with him. He held my face and shook his head, attacking me with powerful kisses and holding onto me with trembling hands. 

"Liam, oh my precious, darling Liam," he breathed as he touched all over my face and continued to kiss at me like his life depended on it. 

"I thought they'd taken me to another part of the country because the only person I saw was Harry and he didn't say anything. I thought I was gone, so I gave up on life and I had no idea where you were...what happened?! What's going on? I got knocked out...they thought I had brain damage...but you...were you at the mental hospital this whole time? Why are you in a wheelchair?" Niall asked a million questions frantically, looking up at Jay before looking back at me with wonder and love in his big blue eyes. I got lost in them for a minute, missing them for the long while I'd been without him. 

"Kate got me out of the hospital and I thought you were already gone, but the police found you after Harry ordered the plane tickets under your name. We got there and I got you, but Zayn shot me in the back. Kate, Harry, and Louis went to go get Zayn, but Zayn of course shot all of them. Kate got shot in the shoulder and she cracked her head open, but she's okay now and Harry's in for recovery after he was shot, and no one has found Louis yet. Zayn is locked up, so we're okay now, but...I'm paralyzed from the chest down," I whispered and Niall sat back and just looked me up and down. He started crying again as he paced the room before he slammed his fist against the wall and screamed.