Chapter 28

****Liam's POV****

Since I'd found out I was paralyzed, I woke up every morning and cried. At least when I cried I could feel it, inside and on my face. It'd been a week at the hospital and the only person I'd heard from was Jay. He said Kate had suffered a lot of head damage, but it hadn't damaged her brain, just left her with migraines that came up every few hours and she had fractured the right part of her clavicle after being shot, but the doctor's said she was in for a full recovery. I wasn't allowed to see her, but Jay conveyed our messages for us. 

"The doctor said Kate could come over and visit with you later for a little while," Jay said happily and I nodded, staring at the ceiling as I laid in my bed and sighed. 

"Kate and I are going to take care of you Liam," Jay whispered and I felt more tears in my eyes. By instinct I went to wipe my eyes, but my hand remained unresponsive and I screamed out in anger and agony. Jay looked down at the floor as a nurse ran in to see what was wrong, realized what was wrong, let her head hang in sympathy, and left the room. 

"Where's Niall? Have you asked? Is he okay? You haven't told me anything, if he came here, if he's alive..." I whimpered, knowing that if I could just see Niall I'd be okay. 

"I can't find him! I've looked around and asked. They think if he made it that he's at a different hospital building because he wasn't injured, or that's what the officer said anyways," Jay said and I sighed as a doctor came in and gave me a sympathic smile. 

"Mind if I run a few quick tests?" he asked and I almost laughed out loud at him, as if I had any control over anything anymore...I couldn't move. 

"After I'm done here Liam, there's a boy down the hall who asked to speak with you," he said and my eyes widened, knowing the boy had to be Niall. I looked at Jay and Jay smiled hopefully at me as we thought the same thing. I held my breath as the doctor took his sweet time doing all these stupid tests which were pointless in my opinion considering my paralysis. 

"How are you feeling today Liam?" the doctor asked and I just stared at him. How was I feeling? How was I FEELING?

"Oh! Funny you should ask because, as you may or may not know, I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING DOCTOR," I shouted and the doctor closed his eyes and sighed before looking over at Jay. He said something I didn't hear while I laid there in anger. The doctor turned back to me and raised his eyebrows in amusement at me. 

"I know that you don't want to accept this lifestyle, and I don't expect you to right now, but you are paralyzed Liam. I'm sorry, but you are. You have to accept reality, not the lifestyle yet, but you can't just ignore it either," he spoke before leaving the room. I let out a grunt and cry before anxiously glancing at Jay. 

"He told me the room number, you want to go down there now I assume?" Jay asked and I nodded gently. Jay lifted my body up and slumped me into a wheelchair and began pushing me down the hallway. I held my breath, wishing more than anything I could jump up and run into Niall's arms, but I couldn't...Jay stopped in front a door and knocked gently. 

"Come in," a voice spoke and when Jay opened the door, my heart slumped into my chest disappointedly. It was Harry. While it was good to see someone I knew, I was still upset it wasn't my beautiful fiance...