Chapter 26

****Kate's POV****

I screamed at the top of my lungs, people around scattering and I saw the cops jumping up and looking around for Zayn. I was looking everywhere, but Zayn had disappeared with Niall into the mess of people. I ran over to Liam and cried furiously as I ran my hands over his lifeless face. I feared the worst, but saw he was still breathing, just losing a lot of blood. I panicked as I looked around, only to let my eyes land on two figures who made me cry harder. 

"Please! You've done enough!" I screamed, lunging at Zayn's two friends, and they jumped back. 

"We aren't going to hurt you! We're trying to help you! We called 911 and they're on the way with medical care for Liam...but now we have to go and find Zayn or you will never see Niall again. I looked down at the lifeless Liam, but my lip and nodded. 

"Jay! Stay here with Liam...please," I begged, and Jay stared at me like I was crazy. 

"You actually trust these two? You don't think they're just in on this and acting all innocent so that they can hurt you too?! THEY LET ZAYN GET AWAY!" Jay screamed and I held him face. 

"I have no other choice, please Jay...I love you, so much," I whispered, kissing him quickly before running after the two boys. Jay was screaming as I ran, but he reluctantly stayed as I continued to run through the hectic airport. Security and cops were heavy and I was actually hoping that by the time we got to Zayn, he'd already be knocked out by the cops. 

"Shouldn't they have found him by now?" I asked breathlessly as I ran alongside the boys, still hesitant to trust them, but I had no other choice. I had to keep my promise to Liam and get Niall back for him. Tears were burning behind my eyes as they took me around back and into a strange van. 

"What are we doing here?! He's going to get away!" I screamed, knowing Zayn would sneak on any plane he could to get away with Niall. 

"No, he's going to come back here to change into another disguise. Trust me," the curly haired one said and I swallowed hard, backing up from them slightly as they slowly began discarding their disguises. 

"Why are you helping us? After all this time...when it's almost too late you decide to help," I whispered and they looked at me and the older looking lad sighed. 

"We had to do it when we knew Zayn would be caught and couldn't escape. Zayn has treated us like scum for too long, and Niall deserves to be with Liam. Harry and I are ready to settle down ourselves and start a life, a better life, and we wouldn't be able to without Zayn threatening us, so Harry staged this whole event so that the cops would show up and arrest Zayn. I know Harry and I are guilty too...we hurt you and Liam and Niall, but we were just going to get on the plane and leave, never bother anybody again," the boy spoke and as much as I didn't want to believe these boys, I saw truth and sympathy in their eyes. I nodded and bit my lip. 

"Zayn shot Liam in the spine I think Kate," Harry said and I froze, not even thinking about what could've happened to Liam after all the chaos that followed.