Chapter 18

****Liam's POV****

I gently pet Niall's hair while he breathed softly, and seemed to be sleeping after the intense fun we'd had the same night. I was beginning to seriously regret my decision, but I knew I couldn't just take it back...the hospital had called immediately for his admittance and they weren't just going to change their minds...

"You're so terribly cute," I murmured, but he continued to stay snuggled up against me with his hand entwined with my own. My heart was already clenched in pain as I thought about how in a few hours Niall would be put in a room and given a "test" while I sit in the waiting room probably crying my eyes out just thinking about having to give him up. 

"Niall," I whispered, rubbing his shoulder very gently and I watched his eye's begin to flutter. 

"Hmm?" he mumbled tiredly as a response while I kissed his forehead. 

"We should probably get up don't you think?" I asked, but he shook his head, holding me tight. I couldn't fight my smile at how innocent and adorable he was sometimes...are all the time actually. 

"Come on, I'll take you out for breakfast," I tried a bribe and he peeked u at me with a small smile. I shook my head and kissed his cheek and he slowly stretched and rolled out of my arms. 

"No fair Liam, you know I can't say no to food," he grumbled and stuck his tongue out at me as he quickly grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom. I chuckled softly as I grabbed my own clothes before heading to grab my wallet and car keys. 

"I'm hungry and ready," Niall grinned at he came into the living room and I looked at him, just taking it all in that tonight I wouldn't be looking at that beautiful angel. I smiled slightly as I stood up and took his hand and we headed out to the car. Niall plopped down comfortably in the passenger seat and smiled in satisfaction. 

"You seem awfully happy," I said softly, already knowing Niall thought he would outsmart the "test" and he could come back home and life would be good again. 

"You seem awfully nervous," Niall responded and I quickly shook my head with a slight shrug. I bit my lip as Niall wrapped his hand securely around mine and looked at him as he smiled. 

"I love you," he whispered, kissing my hand as I set the car in reverse and headed out to a small Coney Island for some breakfast. 

"Liam...are you okay?" Niall asked halfway through our meal and I nodded, fiddling with my hands to stop the tears from spewing out. 

"I'm fine Niall, really," I said, my voice cracking and I saw Niall lick his lips nervously. 

"Liam, it's a test. They probably won't even give us the results until tomorrow! Calm down!" Niall exclaimed softly, taking my face in his hands and giving me a very gentle kiss. I almost broke down right then and there and told Niall what was going on, but I held it in. Having him be mad at me for our last few hours together would hurt more than having to lose him for who knew how long. 

"You're right, I'm sorry," I lied and Niall smiled slightly as he sat back and willingly paid for our meals. He took my hand firmly as we headed to the car and to the institute for the test. My heart was pounding as I looked at my clock, counting down the minutes until Niall would be admitted. 

"Liam, come on. I'm telling you, you have nothing to worry about!" Niall exclaimed cheerfully as he squeezed my hand. My heart was thumping more and more by the minute until we finally got to the institute and I felt like my heart could quite possibly burst. I parked the car and removed the keys with shaking hands and swallowed hard as I locked the car. Niall immediately fed into my side as we headed to the door. When the doors opened, I was slapped in the face by a gust of air that reminded me that this was where Niall would be residing...quite possibly forever. 

"Check-in's over here Liam...come on," Niall said softly as I stood frozen in place, not knowing how in the world I was going to be able to look him in the eyes and leave him behind at a hospital while I went home. I was beginning to feel more and more like I was the one who belonged in this place than Niall did; I was insane for putting him through this. 

"Niall, let's leave...let's go back home," I whimpered and Niall frowned at me as he wiped my tears. 

"Liam, it's a test, It's gonna be fine baby," he said, holding my hands tightly. 

"O-okay," I stammered as we went to the desk and I wiped my eyes, holding onto Niall as tightly as I could. 

"Hi, I have a test today. My name's Niall Horan, the appointment might be under Liam Payne," Niall said and I saw the women at the desk narrowing her eyes at me as she slowly nodded and looked at her computer. 

"Yes, here's some paper work...I'm also going to need to have Liam here looked at, he doesn't seem very stable right now. You're sure you're getting checked?" the woman asked and my heart began thumping harder than it had before. 

"No! No, listen I'm not crazy, no," I started, but Niall took the paperwork anyways. I looked at him in horror and he kissed my forehead. 

"It's a test Liam. They're going to see that neither of us are crazy," he whispered as he handed me the paperwork and I just stared at it, not believing the woman had now scheduled me for the test as well. I couldn't understand why Niall was so calm, but I knew Niall was smart and he was keeping his blood pressure down in attempt to pass this test. 

"Niall Horan, Liam Payne," a nurse said and I shakily stood up and followed Niall over to where the nurse was. Niall was holding my hand and I looked at him and saw he was held togeher while I was practically dying inside. 

"I love you Liam, so much. Everything's going to be okay. Just know, no matter what, I will never ever stop loving you, and if we somehow get locked up here, I will never ever stop trying to find a way to find you and bring us back together," Niall whispered before we had to part. He pressed his lips to mine and he kissed me with a passion I couldn't forget even if I wanted to. 

"I love you too Niall," was all I could managed to say before our hands parted and the door behind me shut, and locked. 

A/N: This is what happens when you've haven't written anything in about a month or so and you suddenly have a new twisted idea. Sorry /: 

Comment & Vote<3