Chapter 7

****Liam's POV****

I walked in the house and frowned when I saw the house dark, and found it eerily quiet. I shrugged my coat off before tossing it over the back of the couch and flicking on the nearest lamp. I was going to question where Niall was, but then I began thinking he could still be knocked out from the pills I'd given him. He'd already slept all through the night and most of the day if that was the case...I shook my head and made my way into the kitchen where I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle before I turned around and saw Niall trembling on the floor in a ball. 

"Niall!" I cried as I knelt beside him and touched his arm. He just continued rocking and trembling and I cupped his face and lifted him up to look at me. He looked distant for a moment, but suddenly he began squinting at me before his eyes widened and he threw his arms around me. I held him tightly, confused as to what was wrong as he cried hysterically. 

"Niall, darling, what's wrong?" I asked softly, brushing my hands over his face as he continued to cling to me and cry. 

"Where the hell were you?!" he screamed, holding my face in his trembling hands and I just stared at him, the pain and fear in his eyes made my heartache and I kissed his forehead as I slowly stood up and peeled the sticky note off the fridge. I held it up and bit my lip slightly.

"I left you a note. I went to see Jay and Kate's new flat," I whispered and Niall took the note and began wiping his eyes as he read over it and he closed his eyes tightly. He let out a nervous chuckle before he hugged me close once more.

"I'm worried about you," I whispered as I rubbed his back and let my fingers play with the hair on the back of his neck. Niall clutched me closer as we sat on the kitchen floor and he took a deep breath. 

"I wanna do the therapy," he whimpered and I closed my eyes with a nod, knowing whether Niall had said he wanted to or not, we were going to therapy. 

"Can we go now? Please?" Niall asked, clutching my hand as he pulled back and looked at me. I examined his face and kissed him quickly. 

"Love, we need to make an appointment. It's going to be okay. I'm going to be right here with you at all times,"  I whispered, knowing that ever since that nightmare Niall had been deeply affected by it. 

"I keep hearing and seeing things and I'm just so paranoid," Niall blubbered as we continued holding each other as we sat around on the kitchen floor. I kissed his forehead and shook my head. I brushed my fingers through his hair and smiled slightly. 

"It's okay Niall, don't you remember when I went through this phase too? Everyone reacts differently to situations, and you've just been holding it in for so long it's finally appearing. We'll go to therapy and everything will be okay," I spoke optimistically and Niall nodded slightly as he gave me a little smile. I remembered going through the shock phase that I figured Niall was going through, but I don't recall seeing things and hearing things; I only remember having terrible nightmares and waking up thinking that I was still in that chair and everything was a dream. I believed everyone dealt with traumatic situations in different ways, but I didn't believe Niall was going through the shock phase I had gone through.